Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

This is going to be an awful game to watch. 

I know this is really quite obvious to say but the first goal is vital. If we start well and score first we're most likely going to win, we're quite strong from that position. If we concede first however its game over and we might as well stop watching. 

I'm really not sure how I'd like the team. I'd get Luiz back in the side though definitely and I have a feeling Barkley will start over Ramsey. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Emi

Kesler - Konsa - Mings - Targett

Sanson - Luiz - McGinn

Traore - Watkins - El Ghazi

This is probably the team I would go for, possibly swapping McGinn for Ramsey. We're not making Europe and not in danger of going down so now is the time to give players like Kesler a chance.

The remaining games this season should be seen as an opportunity to blood youngsters and work out some alternative ways of playing when we are without key players/ playing a team with a certain style.

Curve ball here but id start Davis and play Watkins on the left of the three where he's well used to anyway. El Ghazi wasn't great the other night and his strength and hold up isn't great to bring midfield into it. He won't win contested balls. Grealish's physical strength is very underrated. Wins lots of contested balls. Ollie is bull strong across the whole line. Yes Davis might not have a goal in him yet but i think having 2 fellas of that strength and hold up across the front 3 would give us a great platform to play further in their half and create chances.

15 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Traore v Elmo ...... I'll just leave it there !!!

Traore is very inconsistent and might not even start. If he plays and is ‘on it’ it doesn’t really matter who is up against him they will have their hands full. Elmo is an experienced defender who will give 100% and the best alternative we have. But no doubt by 8 o’clock tonight he will have been ruined on here by some if he makes anything like an error.

Edited by smg
Missed word

5 minutes ago, smg said:

Traore is very inconsistent and might not even start. If he plays and is ‘on it’ it doesn’t really matter who is up against him they will have their hands full. Elmo is an experienced defender who will give 100% and the best alternative we have. But no doubt by 8 o’clock tonight he will have been ruined on here by some if he makes anything like an error.

Am i missing something here. Elmo won't face up Traore. He's never played on the left. If he starts, Targett will be up against him.

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Cant he just stick Jack on the bench to keep everyone on their toes. 

I did think he might do this. I would. Fear factor. It’s at home, so no unnecessary travel for Jack.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

58 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Traore v Elmo ...... I'll just leave it there !!!

Hopefully 

Better than podence or neto vs elmo

Traore jogs past him in the first minute before smashing a cross out for a goal kick but goes full Billy big bollocks and spends another 76 minutes running past him but then doing **** all and getting subbed off

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Curve ball here but id start Davis and play Watkins on the left of the three

Think this is a pretty good shout. It won't happen though. I really hope we don't go down the familiar, dispiriting route of sending on Davis with 10 minutes to go, as it means we are losing and will go on to lose. It never works, so a new idea is long overdue.

3 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

What baffles me is how we can barely string three passes together these days.

Poor coaching.

Doesn't surprise me though that our possession stats are poor after bringing in Craig Shakespeare. Considering the type of football his teams have played.

Sit back and counter. I hate it. It's negative by nature.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Poor coaching.

Doesn't surprise me though that our possession stats are poor after bringing in Craig Shakespeare. Considering the type of football his teams have played.

ufc 3 fight GIF by EA SPORTS UFC

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Poor coaching.

You mean that shit, negative coaching that took Leicester to the Premier League title ?