FSOL or 808 State?

nrogers

FSOL or 808 State?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. FSOL or 808 State?

• FSOL
    • 808 State

I've got the original release of FSOL's 'ISDN' (which was banned after two days) on vinyl. It's the triple gatefold with the great graphic in the middle. The cover is black, instead of white like the re-release. It's my favourite album by FSOL but does not come close to 'Papua New Guinea' for a track on it's own.

As for Orbital, The Brown album is good, probably their best, but it does not include 'Chime'. Anyone for Leftfield's 'Leftism'?

As for Orbital, The Brown album is good, probably their best, but it does not include 'Chime'.

Meh. Chime is alright but its simply a case of it being their most famous track because it got played a lot on the radio. Its not even the best tune on the Green album, 'Belfast' takes that title. Neither compare to the wonders that came out a year later. The run from 'Lush' through to 'Halcyon' on the Brown album is as close to musical perfection (in any genre) as ive ever heard.

not comparable IMO of course - Future Sound of London vs The Orb would have been closer (or Biosphere) and 808 State whilst electronica were almost in their own sub-genre (at the time)

However if i have to pick one 808 state - MC Tunes anyone?

Edit - 808 State was a fantastic live experience at the GMEX - too may f***ing manc ravers mind

Â