Weekends Football 26/28 February

andykeenan

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Is it me or is there something completely odious about Bruno Fernandez? Maybe it's because he plays for the red trash but I cannot stand his slimy little face and play acting.

It's not you.

He's a smirky-faced spunktrumpet.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Is it me or is there something completely odious about Bruno Fernandez? Maybe it's because he plays for the red trash but I cannot stand his slimy little face and play acting.

Makes Bamford look shy and reserved in voicing his opinions on the pitch.

Odious little gobshite.

• Like 1

These top of the table games have been dire all season. These two are probably the worst offenders of it too.

It feels like it's in Chelsea's DNA to make sure you don't lose to the big boys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

These top of the table games have been dire all season. These two are probably the worst offenders of it too.

It feels like it's in Chelsea's DNA to make sure you don't lose to the big boys.

If this finishes 0-0 it will be Manure's 5th 0-0 against "top 6" opposition this season.

• Like 1

Yeah, you can usually bank on these games to finish 0-0. It's like they agree a truce against each other, and decide the title should go to whoever can have the best record in the other matches.

I swear they didn't always used to be this boring.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, you can usually bank on these games to finish 0-0. It's like they agree a truce against each other, and decide the title should go to whoever can have the best record in the other matches.

I swear they didn't always used to be this boring.

I remember Utd & Arsenal having some humdingers. Keane vs Viera era.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

One of them finished like 7-2 or something! That wasn't even as long ago as Keane and Viera!

Can't imagine that nowadays. I guess the only positive is these matches must piss Sky off no end.

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Lee Dixon's commentary is beyond appalling. He was just talking about Azpilecueta's strapping looking like a handbag - or maybe it's hand sanitizer. 🤦‍♂️

That's the kind of insight you can only get from a former player.

I actually like Lee Dixon's commentary better than a lot of the others we get over here.   Him and Le Seaux.

I know its 'the modern game' but I'm so bored of what gets blown for a foul these days. CB's can just hold onto the ball until the ref blows because its completely impossible to win the ball as an attacker.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

One of them finished like 7-2 or something! That wasn't even as long ago as Keane and Viera!

Can't imagine that nowadays. I guess the only positive is these matches must piss Sky off no end.

You're getting confused - that was the game between Aston Villa in the top 4, and mid-table Liverpool. ;)

2 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I know its 'the modern game' but I'm so bored of what gets blown for a foul these days. CB's can just hold onto the ball until the ref blows because its completely impossible to win the ball as an attacker.

Mcginn for example does it multiple times a game. Receives the ball shows no desire to move backs his arse in falls over given a freekick.

It is nonsense.

Maguire piss farting around and I knew he would be given a freekick for free.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Utd vs Arsenal were usually good. Any combination of Liverpool, United and Chelsea is nearly always torture to watch and has been for about 20 years

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

If this finishes 0-0 it will be Manure's 5th 0-0 against "top 6" opposition this season.

And those are currently the good results. The other two games (so far) against “top six” opposition ended 0-1 to Arsenal and the one time Man United actually scored they conceded six against Spurs.

• Like 1

Â