Match Thread: Leeds v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think Traore has had an impact on the game at all. I'd be curious to see the stats, it doesn't seem like he's touched the ball more than 3 or 4 times.

I agree I just don't think Trezeguet would do much better besides running around like a headless chicken and wasting any opportunities he does get. Traore has it in his locker to pull out something special and I wouldn't replace him till later in the game.

Good.

Energy is there and the shape is really good - when Leeds have the ball there is usually a line of three midfielders in front of them, with three rather than two we can protect the back four but still have a man engage - we haven't had that for a few games.

Ramsey is giving us more energy than Barkley, Nakamba has been good and Watkins has worked hard, but I think El Ghazi has been the pick of our outfield players, he's looked sharp and willing - a motivated boy. I hadn't realised Bielsa used to be his manager.

With the better shape, we've been able to rotate the front three more easily and while Leeds have had chances we haven't looked quite as shaky as in the last couple.

Only one foul act in the first half with Lorente going all Neymar to try to get Watkins booked, we'll have to watch out for Leeds trying to do that, but the ref so far has been pretty decent.

I think we just need to score in the second half.

• Like 4

Good half.  AEG and Nakamba playing really well. AEG could have easily had one more. Feel Ramsey looks a bit lightweight out there - maybe bring in Samson for him in the 2nd half.  Still frustrating is that we still seem to lose most second and 50/50 balls.