Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 23:59

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never realised Anwar used to play under Bielsa.

Explained that chat and congrats.

Anyway, very good defensive performance today.

We still could have done a few thing better but overall happy.

Would rather be solid and a little less exciting at times, than to just be sliced through.

Over the moon to beat Leeds!

Also, their bloody pitch is horrendous!

Reminded me of Sabina Park.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

Defensively solid...cant fault it

Just wish we were better on the ball.

Never comfortable with it.

But it stops the rot.

Nakamba looked good

I was the opposite.....yes we aren’t good on the ball at the moment compared to earlier in the season when we’re great.  

I was fairly comfortable today, we almost completely nullified them....trying to think of a clear cut chance for them and I’m struggling.  

Once we got the lead I didn’t see a time where I was concern we were going concede, we didn’t allow them to create anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Surprised to see el ghazi brought off instead? Clearly the most attacking player tonight for us and at least he gets shots off when they close him down, traore gets it in his head he needs to try and beat everyone which rarely if ever will happen.

Smith simply went left-sided for left-sided but Anwar was still looking a threat whereas Ollie was spent and Traore running down blind alleys. Got away with one there ! 

• Like 1

Wonderful. Fvck the Yorkshire Whites, scummy little nothing club who deserved League One. Hope they lose their best players and fizzle out next season, Premier League is better off without them.

Bielsa far too good for that lot, always was.

In a way, I'm a little disappointed. After the first 15 minutes, I thought we would give them a real hiding - revenge at last for cheating us out of our winning run in the championship. Obviously, I'm delighted with the 3 points but I'm a bit gutted we didn't give them a proper hammering. 

4 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Yes ..... has looked jaded for a few games now. Ollie Watkins minus a yard of pace is simply a lightweight, ineffective frontman. He struggled to stay with the pace tonight and I think Smith should have subbed him after 60 mins because everything was bouncing off him when we desperately needed to keep hold of it.

For who though?

(I do agree though)

Just now, regular_john said:

In a way, I'm a little disappointed. After the first 15 minutes, I thought we would give them a real hiding - revenge at last for cheating us out of our winning run in the championship. Obviously, I'm delighted with the 3 points but I'm a bit gutted we didn't give them a proper hammering. 

We made them think they had a chance right up until the final whistle. That’s revenge served cold!

• Like 1

And now only one point away from the magic 40 points that's usually enough for staying up. Right, we just need a draw from our remaining 14 games. Come on guys, you can do it!.

What a huge difference from last season.

Martinez - never less than assured. Bit worrying he wasn't taking kicks in the second half and read given some painkillers though.

Elmo - solid. Not an easy night but did well.

Konsa - completely assured, never in trouble.

Mings - pro CB display, excellent.

Targett - he'd have been off on another night just through a series of niggly fouls. Nothing bad but a lot of little things that might have brought a card. But otherwise he worked hard and had his usual solid display this season.

Nakamba - great. He was the constant presence nipping about in front of the defence, getting a vital touch. Top man.

McGinn - the midfield dynamo we know and love. Fighting for everything, running for everything, making a key pass. Good stuff.

Ramsey - brought something different to our midfield. Worked hard and he's got an eye for a through ball. He's a player.

Traore - missing in the first half, better in the second but still not his best game. Couldn't seem to get into the game, nothing fell for him and he was left doing a lot of very little.

Watkins - work work work. Man doesn't stop working. He's going to fight for every ball and run every channel. We've what an assist! :ph34r:

AEG - first half he was on fire. Got the goal with a brilliant bit of movement and world class touch, and then had a shoot on sight policy that kept them on their toes. Quieter second half but still a key out for us with his Grealish style runs up the wing.

Sanson - not on long but a few more glimpses that he's a decent player. Good touch, good ability, has that tenacity to get stuck in. I'm looking forward to him getting into the side.

Trez - on for 10 minutes but managed to make guys presence felt with a couple of drives up the pitch where he somehow wasn't tackled as he bulldozed through 5 white shirts.

Really, really good performance. A really professional performance, the kind of game over the last decade we've not seen that often, where we've not needed to go backs to the wall last ditch hanging on stuff. It was one of those performances were we could still be playing tomorrow and they'd not have scored.

Great stuff. The midfield was right today and it made all the difference. Nakamba keeping it simple and solid in the mopping up role, McGinn doing the midfield dynamo thing and Ramsey running and with an eye for a pass.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

Shout out to the Leeds keeper eating up 45 seconds by doing performance art in the 6 yard box while they were trying to take a corner in stoppage time

Lovely bit of Swan Lake at Elland Farm!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â