Ratings & Reactions: Leeds v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

275 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/21 at 23:59

Wow what a different it makes to have 11 players. Well done to the whole team for how they defended. I wish we’d keep the ball much better but to be fair Leeds are a every good side and sometimes this is how you have to beat them.   Credit to the 3 in midfield for how tight they kept it and also El Ghazi for his goal and performance.  Massive 3 points. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Happy with the win, can't stop thinking sometimes Smith can make it a bit easier. 

Leeds never really looked dangerous.  They had a couple of half chances but were nullified for 90 minutes.

• Like 4

1st half was a really good game of football, really fast, 2 good teams, good ref let them at it, lots of pressing, very aggressive but hardly any fouls

2nd half was garbage, both teams guilty of play acting and trying to get each other sent off, went very sloppy, klich was lucky to stay on, Targett found a 4 leaf clover this morning... 

Suited us as we were in front, Leeds never rose above it, pretty classic away performance from us, bend don't break, a million miles from the VP game where tbf for all the shit Bielsa did do Smith, tonight Leeds were nothing special despite the overloading of the right hand side which killed us at VP looking so obvious with cash out, surprising how Leeds played 

Mings MOTM, raphina 1st half was superb, really dangerous, disappeared 2nd half, like I said trying to get players sent off and all that shit, 1st half he's walking past elmo, 2nd half they switched him to run at yellow carded Targett, stupid 

• Like 3

Brilliant three points. Credit to Smith for the changes in midfield and the subs were good. Get the **** in!!!

Thought Mings was fantastic. Elmo very good as well, calm and collected.

I'm actually a fan of Nakamba's defensive input but I thought he was a bit sluggish at times today. McGinn was lively and El Ghazi doing what he does best - scoring goals.

No need really to comment on Martinez, just his usual assured self. 

• Like 2

Really good defensive performance. Very tight. I don’t think they created a whole lot for all their having the ball more and huffing and puffing. Many played well, but a special mention to Elmo who many feared would struggle with Raphina, but hardly put a foot wrong all game.

Great win, keeping us looking up the table instead of down. 

• Like 1

Noiceeeeeee

Mings immense, Nakamba excellent, especially in the first half, and AEG, who once again gets in good areas and tests the goalkeeper and scores. When he starts we win.

I was hoping for a little more from Ramsey, but he wasn't bad.

Targett is just a beast. Soton must regret selling him.

• Like 4

Â