Least Likable Characters in TV History

maqroll

On 25/02/2021 at 12:00, mjmooney said:

If they're in the car they listen to my choice of music. It's education. 

I spent ages thinking what music to play in the car when I brought my firstborn home from the hospital. It weighed heavily on me that it was the first music he would ever hear, unless they really can hear in the womb. 

I thought it would probably shape his taste in music forever. 

Anyway, 18 years later he likes Drum'n'Bass, AC/DC, Oasis, 70's Disco and well, pretty much most things really. 

The album I chose for the journey home was Paul Weller Stanley Road. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

the first music he would ever hear, unless they really can hear in the womb. 

When my missus was pregnant with our first, I was playing regularly in a local band (yes, @tonyh29, WF5). She came to several gigs, and reported lots of in-womb kicking while we were playing. That girl is now 33, plays bluegrass mandolin, and considers 1970 to be the greatest ever year for music. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

When my missus was pregnant with our first, I was playing regularly in a local band (yes, @tonyh29, WF5). She came to several gigs, and reported lots of in-womb kicking while we were playing. That girl is now 33, plays bluegrass mandolin, and considers 1970 to be the greatest ever year for music. 

My wife came to a few gigs with me when she was pregnant with our first , he seemed to enjoy the odd pogo at these gigs ... when he was a baby I used to find lullaby’s etc wouldn’t work for getting him to sleep but a good old loud guitar solo and he would soon be away .

he has an ear for music as well , plays a few instruments , so who knows maybe there is something in it 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Both Kim and Terri Bauer from 24.

15 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Yes!

Kim so easy on the eye,lovely bit of clunge...but **** me if she wasn't always being kidnapped, shot, blown up, or generally getting in Jack's way.

Clearly some people missed my ever so subtle nomination on page 4... 🤣

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

The album I chose for the journey home was Paul Weller Stanley Road. 

Boring fact but I drive past that road nearly every day , it’s just by Woking station, leads to sheerwater, hence its connections to Weller

• Like 1

I think someone has already mentioned him but I've just been reminded

Al Murray the Pub Landlord. Yes, it's a pisstake but there's nothing remotely funny about it. The blokes a stereotype arsehole being an arsehole. I'm convinced most of the people that laugh at this aren't doing it ironically. Every molecule of the character is unlikeable

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Currently re-watching Band of Brothers and David Schwimmer's character Herbert M. Sobel is an absolute cnut 

Actors you didn't know were in Band of Brothers (and a few from The  Pacific) - Album on Imgur

Absolutely but completely by design.  That is his role. 

I think for a proper tick on this thread it's got to be someone whose not specifically meant to be an annoying/unpleasant character. 

But yeah, he really was a nasty piece of work.  Also showed David Schwimmer can act as well.  

What a brilliant series that is. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Absolutely but completely by design.  That is his role. 

I think for a proper tick on this thread it's got to be someone whose not specifically meant to be an annoying/unpleasant character. 

But yeah, he really was a nasty piece of work.  Also showed David Schwimmer can act as well.  

What a brilliant series that is. 

I wonder what Sobel's family thought of it? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder what Sobel's family thought of it? 

Based on his wiki they didn't think a lot of him either... 

Shit himself in the head in a suicide attempt in 1970, didn't kill himself but left him blind, he died in 1987 of malnutrition and had no memorial service 

Â