Least Likable Characters in TV History

maqroll

The wife sometimes likes to watch Julia Davis shows. I think she's very talented, I laugh at them (though the ratio of laugh:hide-behind-knitted-fingers is like 1:5 or something), and I would certainly say she's 'good at what she does', but **** me do I hate every character in every show she writes, and her characters most of all. I know that's the point, but again, she's very good at it.

17 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Never understood the hate for Skyler in Breaking Bad, I was sympathetic towards her for most of the run. Her sister Marie was worse in my view.

It is apparently common for viewers on a second watch to warm to Skyler more, presumably knowing the flaws that become more and more apparent elsewhere. I kinda felt that way to an extent. And yeah, Marie is a bad 'un. Grim.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Never understood the hate for Skyler in Breaking Bad, I was sympathetic towards her for most of the run. Her sister Marie was worse in my view.

People (usually dudes) just see an incessantly nagging wife who also cheated. Also a symptom of what I call "main character syndrome" where people seem to root for Walt despite him being the villain of the show because he's also the main character and naturally Skyler would be an adversarial character in that case.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ziggy a little annoying but the show's too good to care. And he gets much less annoying as the season goes on (and he starts to get into shit).

Should have got into shit much earlier in my book.

Season 2 gets a lot of flak but I liked it. Spiros is also one of my favourite characters in the show. Played that brilliantly whoever the actor is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Should have got into shit much earlier in my book.

Season 2 gets a lot of flak but I liked it. Spiros is also one of my favourite characters in the show. Played that brilliantly whoever the actor is.

I would say this is one of the best characters in the show and the highlight of Season 2, the more society is going its hard not to agree with him 

Revisiting 'The Wire' Characters Part 4 - Frank Sobotka - Pop Culture Spin

Last few Seasons of Californication were a huge step down from what came before but Atticus Finch (Tim Minchin) was truly truly unbearable for me and made his season even worse.

Edited by Ingram85

Â