Midweek Football 22/25 February

andykeenan

I like Potter but the media are definitely OTT in his praise. The teams play decent football but he has spent money and people go on like he has reinvented the wheel

In the 2 seasons in the top flight only Bruce as an English manager you would say has done worse. Wilder last season a huge upgrade on what Potters done. Deano, Dyche, Roy have done more

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I like Potter but the media are definitely OTT in his praise. The teams play decent football but he has spent money and people go on like he has reinvented the wheel

In the 2 seasons in the top flight only Bruce as an English manager you would say has done worse. Wilder last season a huge upgrade on what Potters done. Deano, Dyche, Roy have done more

Howe got relegated.. But I agree with your overall point, although Roy doing better is debatable, Palace have been awful for two or three years now but somehow fluke their way to 40pts every season.

2 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Howe got relegated.. But I agree with your overall point, although Roy doing better is debatable, Palace have been awful for two or three years now but somehow fluke their way to 40pts every season.

I was only counting the managers who have been up last 2 seasons so didnt include Sam either.

Palace are pretty much spending little money, spent 2.5 million in 2019 summer and just on Eze last summer. They are playing Nathaniel Clyne most weeks still :D 

Players going down at the slightest contact and even instigating the contact themselves when they get into the box is so tedious, especially when VAR looks at it for 5 minutes. 

And yes that was an absolutely fantastic tackle and of course the Leeds player does about 17 rolls and pretends he’s injured.

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Have I got C&B tinted specs on here? But what’s the difference between Pogba and the Tella pen appeal? In both the attacker initiates the contact.

Neither were a penalty but one of the decisions benefited Manchester United, that’s the difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Have I got C&B tinted specs on here? But what’s the difference between Pogba and the Tella pen appeal? In both the attacker initiates the contact.

nothing. not sure i’d 100% say Tella dived, but it’s definitely not a pen. 

Why are some free kicks allowed to be taken quickly but others aren't? It should just be one way or the other. That looked a good goal to me.  Benefit should be given to the attacking team seeing as the other team committed a foul.

Edited by PieFacE

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Why are some free kicks allowed to be taken quickly but others aren't? It should just be one way or the other. That looked a good goal to me.  Benefit should be given to the attacking team seeing as the other team committed a foul.

Yep, I don’t think it should require a referees’ whistle to restart, should be down to the attacking team to take it quickly if they want.

Its up to the defending team to get themselves organised quickly and will cut down on all the whinging and gesticulating we see nowadays.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Always remember that one against us for Arsenal, whilst the keeper was setting up the wall. 

Â