Pre-match Thread

MrBlack

On 24/02/2021 at 10:28, smg said:

We all want that, but there has to be a level of what is realistic this season. Even a 12th place finish would be a solid improvement on last seaso.

irrespective of where we finish....surely we can see things in games, we could be doing better and comment on them?

• Like 1

On 24/02/2021 at 18:14, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yet we were told by some on here that it will be fine and sure to pass the next MOT.

Why strengthen those weak suspension arms or fill that hole in the exhaust that's blowing.

We wouldn't get any breakdowns, We will manage the whole duration without any quality or further strengthening repairs.

we sure are misfiring....running on 3 cylinders.

• Like 1

Did I read that Klich and Harrison won't make this?

With Phillips possibly out aswell that will significantly weak them centrally. Obviously they're all programmed to run for their lives but it's not like Leeds have even that big a squad beyond their regular 11 bar a few wide options, likes of Tyler Roberts and Helder Costa are pretty hit and miss in premier league.

We really really need to get our midfield right for this rather than just play the usual suspects. If we do I think we'll get a point.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

With Phillips possibly out aswell that will significantly weak them centrally. Obviously they're all programmed to run for their lives but it's not like Leeds have even that big a squad beyond their regular 11 bar a few wide options, likes of Tyler Roberts and Helder Costa are pretty hit and miss in premier league.

We really really need to get our midfield right for this rather than just play the usual suspects. If we do I think we'll get a point.

Harrison will I think, wasn't mentioned in the pre match interview. Klich a doubt, Phillips out. Same with Rodrigo

That's our entire starting midfield injured

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

you see, this is where the mentality kicks in.....not trying to be rude by that.

Biesla has stated he wants Jack to be playing.....He wants to play against our best side, thats how he measures his progress.

I understand, we just want the points, But his mentality is different.

We have to get our own team right and not worry about our opponents preparation.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

you see, this is where the mentality kicks in.....not trying to be rude by that.

Biesla has stated he wants Jack to be playing.....He wants to play against our best side, thats how he measures his progress.

I understand, we just want the points, But his mentality is different.

We have to get our own team right and not worry about our opponents preparation.

If you believe he means that then you’ll believe   anything TRO!  

I bet you think he would have allowed us to score even if they needed the points as well. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I bet you think he would have allowed us to score even if they needed the points as well. 

I'll take him at face value, until I KNOW different.

• Like 1

Smith is not much of a tactician.

Has looked like we've been found out as of late.

I feel like he needs to change up his tactics like he did during lockdown, but i predict he won't.

We've looked very easy to play against for the past 5-7 games

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He definitely means. Why do you think he doesn’t change his style & is called “naive”. He wants to win in what his mind is the beautiful way to attack from the front. 

everyone knows how we play & he’s happy to say this is what we are let’s see if you can stop it. 

it’s the same reason he announces his lineup in the week before games. He’s nothing to hide. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigRed said:

He definitely means. Why do you think he doesn’t change his style & is called “naive”. He wants to win in what his mind is the beautiful way to attack from the front. 

everyone knows how we play & he’s happy to say this is what we are let’s see if you can stop it. 

it’s the same reason he announces his lineup in the week before games. He’s nothing to hide. 

Why would any manager want the oppositions best player by a country mile to play?  If he doesn’t care about the opposition why does he send voyeurs to watch them train?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why would any manager want the oppositions best player by a country mile to play?  If he doesn’t care about the opposition why does he send voyeurs to watch them train?

He didn’t say he didn’t care about the opposition. He wants his to team be the best he doesn’t say he wants to do it against the easiest opposition. 

When he was at Newell’s if teams didn’t have tapes of his team for scouting he would send them the tapes. 

he doesn’t hide how we play it’s always the same. If it’s not working he won’t change it. His plan B is do plan A better. 

4 minutes ago, BigRed said:

He didn’t say he didn’t care about the opposition. He wants his to team be the best he doesn’t say he wants to do it against the easiest opposition. 

When he was at Newell’s if teams didn’t have tapes of his team for scouting he would send them the tapes. 

he doesn’t hide how we play it’s always the same. If it’s not working he won’t change it. His plan B is do plan A better. 

I think you need to revisit the post I responded to along with what I actually said. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I feel like he needs to change up his tactics like he did during lockdown, but i predict he won't.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think the balance of the squad doesn't help him tactically.

When he signs some players of more varying characteristics.....He might seem better at his tactical decisions and in game management.

Seen some shouts in other threads for Elmo to make way for Kesler.

In a world where it's questionable that Barkley will be dropped, there's a zero percent chance of a start for Kaine Kesler.  Anyone who's seen a Deano first 11 over the last couple of years must surely know this.

• Sad 1