Pre-match Thread

MrBlack

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Luiz doesn't work anywhere near the required level to play against Leeds. Horses for courses. He'll be needed again.

Maybe so, but Luiz generally keeps the ball with simple passes. McGinn has been giving it away cheaply for weeks trying stupid passes.

We should start a pre match poll on the team selection. Weve 6 midfielders, everyone wants barkeley dropped, he is.

We have to use 3 out of 5. Apparently everyone is ok with ramsey and nakamba, now smith is a muppet for preferring McGinn over luiz.

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cannot see what AEG is doing to keep getting picked. SJM is very lucky too in my opinion. It still looks unbalanced to me and I am not expecting much of the ball.

I really hope I am wrong but this could be ugly!

Anyway. UTV. COYVB 

Just now, Stratvillan said:

We should start a pre match poll on the team selection. Weve 6 midfielders, everyone wants barkeley dropped, he is.

We have to use 3 out of 5. Apparently everyone is ok with ramsey and nakamba, now smith is a muppet for preferring McGinn over luiz.

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!

I'd like to introduce you to my friend the Internet.

Pour yourself a brew and pay no heed, they're just opinions ☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

to be fair his only previous PL start (?) was vs wolves who had moutinho and dendoncker who are both great players, on paper better than leeds midfield, think they brought neves on too

No, if he's rubbish he must be punished 🙄

Smith's last game with Brentford was against Bielsa's Leeds. 1-1. They totally stifled them in midfield and was all because of mokotjo who plays similar to Nakamba. Just high energy. Get up and down the pitch and get a foot in every time. Trying to out play them hasn't worked. We've to box clever here.

2 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Aaarrrggghhhh!!!!

People will moan no matter what. Its just the VT way. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

to be fair his only previous PL start (?) was vs wolves who had moutinho and dendoncker who are both great players, on paper better than leeds midfield, think they brought neves on too

Exactly why it's a huge game for him - only his second league start and he could stake a claim on his place ahead of Ross 'Superstar' Barkley. I'm excited for him.

• Like 1

buzzing for jj and marv. i wanted all 3 of that midfield changed, but 2/3 is already 2 more than i was expecting so i'm chuffed to bits with that team selection. actually dangerously optimistic about this