Pre-match Thread

MrBlack

I'm happy with that selection. Brave. No posts cribbing about Elmo please. It is what it is. Cash out. Guilbert not here. Easy to say start Konsa from the comfort of our couches. Ramsey won't let us down either. Kid can play. We might of caught them a little bit with this side. Wouldn't imagine this was the side they expected to face.

• Like 1

Thank **** that sense has prevailed and we won't see Barkley strolling around again. He gets one more chance, for me, if a couple of games on the bench don't do anything for his appetite to play, **** him off.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Surely its McGinn or Sanson

Luiz or Nakamba

McGinn and Luiz aren't the same type of player, no matter how much Smith might want them to be

Depends how we want to play. There's two holding type spots. Can go Luiz, Nakamba and 1 other but Id have gone Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey I think. Either way, Barkley and McGinn have been miles off it for me.

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Depends how we want to play. There's two holding type spots. Can go Luiz, Nakamba and 1 other but Id have gone Luiz, Sanson and Ramsey I think. Either way, Barkley and McGinn have been miles off it for me.

I agree. McGinn's been awful.

from memory the game last month when nakamba played and luiz pushed further up luiz went missing, didnt suit him at all

other than that maybe he has a slight knock or something?? either way its not like he's in great form and mcginn isnt, personally id prefer luiz but neither are playing well

Interesting to see how patient Smith is being with Sanson, seems very much as though what Purslow said was true that they essentially signed him early so he'd be fully bedded in for the start of next season.

This game could go any way for me. For all the doom mongering about us and hyping of Leeds here I'm friendly enough with a few of their fans who think Struijk and Roberts are awful players (cue both of them having blinders now), which might go some way to aiding our midfield woes of late assuming they're playing there.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Barkley come on later in the game and win it for us.