Jump to content

Pre-match Thread


Recommended Posts

With Jack out, Ross out of form, and us having looked far away from our best the last few games, this is going to be a tough game.

I'd like to see Sanson and Ramsey both start.

I'd be tempted to start Nakamba as well, but feel that might be a change too far. Luiz or McGinn given the third spot in midfield for me.

Going to need to match Leeds' energy and think dropping Ross and starting Ramsey & Morgan gives us the best chance to do that.

Hopefully get some news that indicates Jack won't be out too long before then too!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • limpid featured this topic

Simply need to pick as many players as we can who can get up and down the pitch and nulify Leeds. Don't and it will go same way of home game e.g. what we started with today.

It's important to get something as we now have Sheffield United away in the midweek following so chance to keep in touch with those above. I suspect we'll do enough for a point in a fiery game like last time we went up there although don't think we'll be allowed to walk in a goal this time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds are fading and aren't quite at the level they were when we played them in the first game.

Of course you could say the same about us!

I'd go:

------------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

Kesler-------------Konsa-----------Mings----------Targett

---------------------------------Luiz----------------------------------

--------------------Ramsey--------McGinn--------------------

Traore----------------------------------------------------El Ghazi

------------------------------Watkins-------------------------------

At right back for Elmo/Kesler I'm open to either.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter
2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Leeds are fading and aren't quite at the level they were when we played them in the first game.

Of course you could say the same about us!

I'd go:

------------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

Kesler-------------Konsa-----------Mings----------Targett

---------------------------------Luiz----------------------------------

--------------------Ramsey--------McGinn--------------------

Traore----------------------------------------------------El Ghazi

------------------------------Watkins-------------------------------

At right back for Elmo/Kesler I'm open to either.

 

 

We beat Leicester a few weeks back so unsure where fading comes from. Narrative that we were at our best at the start of the season is baseless and factually incorrect, we were at our best a few weeks back but now we've had too many injuries to continue to play the way we do.

 Koch, Rodrigo and Phillips all out while Llorente is just coming back from a season long injury.

It's meant our midfield and defence have been reshuffled so many times that sometimes were all over the place and it'll probably be the same for this. Weve won one game in seven without Phillips, funnily enough the reverse fixture of this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

 Koch, Rodrigo and Phillips all out while Llorente is just coming back from a season long injury.

The injuries are absolutely affecting you, I should have mentioned that. I know the difficulties you've had particularly in defence as a result have had a big effect on results.

I'm still slightly baffled why you insist on playing so many of the first team squad for the U23's - it seems unnecessarily risky to me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always a huge hole between defence and midfield that Luiz isn't controlling.

That means we find it difficult to break the press. But it always seems easier to do this and play out when Nakamba is there.

I'd probably put Nakamba, Luiz and McGinn in the middle. Having 2 DMs means Leeds can't crowd the defence and we have more options to get out. Once we're out then McGinn, Traore and Watkins can link up well.

We still need 2 wingers to protect the full backs. El Ghazi wasn't terrible. But I'm not sure we have anyone else. Trezeguet wasn't great.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This is as simple as if Barkley starts we lose. Chance we don't if he's dropped.

 

I completely agree with this, and it's not just laying in to Barkley and saying if he plays we lose any game. He does not have the legs to compete with how much Leeds will run.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh god. These lot are the exact team that we are crap against. We have to match their running. So

.           Luiz

Sanson.     Mcginn (just) 

Ramsey to come on if McGinn gives the ball away 5 times or more. Rest of the team picks itself. Barkley can have an impact off the bench especially if they tire. Hopefully that cheat Bamford gets a red if he does any funny business. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rino8 said:

We beat Leicester a few weeks back so unsure where fading comes from. Narrative that we were at our best at the start of the season is baseless and factually incorrect, we were at our best a few weeks back but now we've had too many injuries to continue to play the way we do.

 Koch, Rodrigo and Phillips all out while Llorente is just coming back from a season long injury.

It's meant our midfield and defence have been reshuffled so many times that sometimes were all over the place and it'll probably be the same for this. Weve won one game in seven without Phillips, funnily enough the reverse fixture of this.

We beat Leicester a few weeks back?!?! Dude, you're losing it.  That was the 18th of October.  If football terms, might as well have been a lifetime ago.

Fact of the matter is, we've lost 60% of our games in 2021.  That's relegation form.  We are a million miles from the team that beat leicester 4 months ago.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

We beat Leicester a few weeks back?!?! Dude, you're losing it.  That was the 18th of October.  If football terms, might as well have been a lifetime ago.

Fact of the matter is, we've lost 60% of our games in 2021.  That's relegation form.  We are a million miles from the team that beat leicester 4 months ago.

Ah.

Rino8 isn't with us.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We simply have to put a team out that has legs, energy and play at a high intense tempo.  We've looked lethargic and lacking intensity since we started playing again after the covid outbreak.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

                           Martinez

Elmo        Konsa             Mings      Targett

                              Luis

Traore       Sanson       Ramsey    El Ghazi

                           Watkins

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â