Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/02/21 at 23:59

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Strangely come away from that with more positives than negatives.

That last 10 minutes was really good; Ramsey and Sanson improved us hugely. They are now knocking on the door for starts. For me Barkley doesn't give us anything in the midfield, especially in games where we struggle for possession.

At the point we are at in our rebuild, missing two key players was always going to be problematic. The lack of depth in the squad means we don't have the options to replace players like Cash and Grealish.

Change it up next weekend, and hope that Grealish is back,

sure are....

battering a castle door.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Alex Scott said the midfield is non existent after the first half....she was right.

but Douglas Luiz and Barkley still got one vote for MOTM on VT...McGinn got none, thank the lord.

On the bright side at least you didn’t have to do your gymnastics in the street and suffer the inevitable cardiac arrest.

You mustn’t forget that your birthday cakes come with a free fire extinguisher these days. 🤣

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Luiz improved in the second half because he didn't move from the CDM role. Mcginn is too slow in possession to play as a DM. He's better as a box to box player. Barkley unfortunately isn't putting in the running off the ball to be effective.

so do you think that's why he was taken off?

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

On the bright side at least you didn’t have to do your gymnastics in the street and suffer the inevitable cardiac arrest.

You mustn’t forget that your birthday cakes come with a free fire extinguisher these days. 🤣

I was pretty damn sure, there was no danger of that,Dave....when I made the prediction.

• Haha 1

Today just highlights the lack of strength in depth that we have, which is no real surprise considering this squad has more or less been put together across 4 transfer windows. This summer is crucial for us to push on.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 3

Ramsey and Sanson on for Barkley and McGinn. Bad mistake to loan Guilbert out as Elmohamady is past it.

El Ghazi and especially `Trezeguet' are not good enough. We need to buy wingers in the upcoming window.

With no Grealish, this was Berkley's chance to show what he can do, and he did very little. A bit much to throw a strop when your performance has been poor. Petulant bastard, proper diva, send him back and sign someone who gives a shit.

McGinn's shooting is deplorable. 

Traore MOM for me. He is tricky and unpredictable with an eye for goal. I like him.

A very disjointed performance. In the end I was relieved to only lose by one goal; after their second, I thought we were going to get a pasting. There will be days like this.

Grealish is the glue that holds the team together. We must bring in more quality. We cannot be reliant on one player.

We will probably finish top half and that will be excellent. We are still building. Patience is the watchword.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Luiz improved in the second half because he didn't move from the CDM role. Mcginn is too slow in possession to play as a DM. He's better as a box to box player. Barkley unfortunately isn't putting in the running off the ball to be effective.

There’s no fear of Man City exercising their option.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

He’s pretty good, though obviously not a Messi.

I wouldn’t say no if he came into our squad.

We had no plan to deal with him - generally I would say not having plans to deal with dangerous players is a common flaw of this team.

Agreed. And not just before the game but in game as well. Something our management team does not do very well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Ramsey and Sanson on for Barkley and McGinn. Bad mistake to loan Guilbert out as Elmohamady is past it.

El Ghazi and especially `Trezeguet' are not good enough. We need to buy wingers in the upcoming window.

With no Grealish, this was Berkley's chance to show what he can do, and he did very little. A bit much to throw a strop when your performance has been poor. Petulant bastard, proper diva, send him back and sign someone who gives a shit.

McGinn's shooting is deplorable. 

Traore MOM for me. He is tricky and unpredictable with an eye for goal. I like him.

A very disjointed performance. In the end I was relieved to only lose by one goal; after their second, I thought we were going to get a pasting. There will be days like this.

Grealish is the glue that holds the team together. We must bring in more quality. We cannot be reliant on one player.

We will probably finish top half and that will be excellent. We are still building. Patience is the watchword.

I thought AEG was quite bright, the problem is that no one was at the races, on different wavelengths. If you check AEG’s stats I’m sure he was one of our better showings. I think he still has something to offer. Trez is also better on the right. But I would welcome better quality replacements, it’s how we improve.

• Like 1

I also think Dean needs to take action, for 4 weeks now we have been abject, I am not seeing any improvement and he pulls the strings. If he is not careful, he becomes part of the problem, just as he was pre-lockdown last season. He changed us for the better but you can’t sit on your laurels, he has been trumped by Moyes, Potter, Dyche and Rogers in almost as many games, and in most instances we have better first 11’s. 

I am not advocating change, but the we have shown this team can deliver and the owners have backed everyone and spent a fortune and shown no shortage of serious, albeit quiet, ambition. 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Three subs all midfielders. Speaks volumes for the quality of our midfield. 

Its not so much the quality Dave....its the type, they are all much the same.

our midfield is too samey.

I still maintain the main reason West Ham are doing so well is down to Soucek and Rice, today we faced Ndidi & Tielemans.

We have to get the balance right in the middle is my point....I know, I have laboured this point, its so frustrating watching it.

I honestly believe Those 2 pairs, would transform us....I am hoping we do some business along those lines in the summer.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its not so much the quality Dave....its the type, they are all much the same.

our midfield is too samey.

I still maintain the main reason West Ham are doing so well is down to Soucek and Rice, today we faced Ndidi & Tielemans.

We have to get the balance right in the middle is my point....I know, I have laboured this point, its so frustrating watching it.

I honestly believe Those 2 pairs, would transform us....I am hoping we do some business along those lines in the summer.

Maybe we should cash in on Luiz or McGinn and get that type of DM

Just now, PaulC said:

I know it has been said before, but it is not a one in one out. We need to strengthen the squad. We need to be in a position where Luiz and McGinn are backups to better players if we are to progress.

It takes money, but we now have serious financial clout.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I know it has been said before, but it is not a one in one out. We need to strengthen the squad. We need to be in a position where Luiz and McGinn are backups to better players if we are to progress.

It takes money, but we now have serious financial clout.

Yes but Leicester have cashed in on players when their value was high and not been any worse for it. 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I wouldn't be that hasty....I think they would be better further forward and its a squad Paul, not just an eleven.

Dougie is only 22, with a lot to learn....right now, I think he has lost a bit of his zest, just off it a bit.....McGinn is too far back, its not his game.

I just don't see Dougie right now, causing the opposition too much trouble.....sorry to all those that disagree.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I wouldn't be that hasty....I think they would be better further forward and its a squad Paul, not just an eleven.

Dougie is only 22, with a lot to learn....right now, I think he has lost a bit of his zest, just off it a bit.....McGinn is too far back, its not his game.

I just don't see Dougie right now, causing the opposition too much trouble.....sorry to all those that disagree.

I dont want to sell either but I dont see either of them wanting to stick around as just squad players. If we can fit them both in with another DM thats great. 

Just now, Me burns said:

Filbert in peace. Jack starts the game and I think you win the game. We were dreadful 2nd half and I think if you had equalised, I wouldn’t be complaining. The moral boost for Leicester players and fans when we realised he wasn’t playing was palpable.I was dancing round the lounge. That’s how good he is.  Modern day GAZZA without the ale. Unplayable. 

Were your players tired after playing thursday in europe?

Â