Weekends Football 19/21 February

andykeenan

When you think of the runs Burnley and Brighton have been on in last two months must be pretty disheartning for both to look at the table and see Fulham are just 4-5 points off them.

Both probably due a dip in form (infact Burnley not beating 10 men West Brom and being awful probably means they already are) so don't think it's just Newcastle that Fulham will be feeling confident of finishing above.

Palace on 29 points will also be sweating a bit, they could well be that safe mid table team that really get dragged into things.

Relegation battle got very interesting again.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

When you think of the runs Burnley and Brighton have been on in last two months must be pretty disheartning for both to look at the table and see Fulham are just 4-5 points off them.

Both probably due a dip in form (infact Burnley not beating 10 men West Brom and being awful probably means they already are) so don't think it's just Newcastle that Fulham will be feeling confident of finishing above.

Palace on 29 points will also be sweating a bit, they could well be that safe mid table team that really get dragged into things.

Relegation battle got very interesting again.

Posted on another thread, but Fulham play Palace next too which is a massive game. After that, though, Fulham have a horror run - basically to the end of the season:

Spurs (H), Liverpool (A), Man City (H), Leeds (H), Villa (A), Wolves (H), Arsenal (A), Chelsea (A), Burnley (H), Southampton (A), Man Utd (A)

If they manage to get enough from that lot, somehow, then the last game of the season could be immense:

Newcastle (H)

Yeah going to be hard for Fulham with some of those but don't think it's impossible they can get some wins off Leeds, Wolves and they also drew 1-1 with Spurs just a few weeks ago. Burnley, Southampton and Newcastle in the last 4 dosen't look too bad if they have to do similar to what we did but I think they'll be much closer to 17th than we were with 4 games left last season.

I'd like them to stay up as I think they could grow a bit over next few seasons with some of the players they've got in the side whereas likes of Palace, Newcastle and Burnley are all going to be doing the same thing again in 12 months so one of them needs to go to freshen up the league a bit.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Identical to the Solly March one that we didn't get.

They need to urgently clarify that 'getting the ball' does not excuse foul play because this is just absurd.

It looked a pen in real time, and looks like maybe a pen in that angle but from the other side he’s basically jumping out of goal, making himself big and blocks the ball first. 

Personally, I think a pen would’ve been harsh - but slo-mo will make everything look worse than it is. 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Identical to the Solly March one that we didn't get.

They need to urgently clarify that 'getting the ball' does not excuse foul play because this is just absurd.

Absurd decision. The keeper inadvertently got the ball cus it hit hes trailing leg, he was kicking out at the Sheffield player

Such a shame that the Villa game is at the same time as the Milano derby.

First placed Inter against second placed AC Milan. One point separates them at the top of the table with Inter on 50 and Milan on 49.

Also the added heat from the Lukaku vs Zlatan drama from their latest meeting. As already depicted outside San Siro.

Bildresultat för zlatan lukaku art

Will be watching this in the background on my laptop.

Edited by sne

22 minutes ago, sne said:

Such a shame that the Villa game is at the same time as the Milano derby.

First placed Inter against second placed AC Milan. One point separates them at the top of the table with Inter on 50 and Milan on 49.

Also the added heat from the Lukaku vs Zlatan drama from their latest meeting. As already depicted outside San Siro.

Bildresultat för zlatan lukaku art

Will be watching this in the background on my laptop.

Can't believe they are going to knock down the San Siro for a corporate smaller stadium.  Its so iconic for me. 1990 world cup it blew me away with its size.  Lucky enough to go to the 2001 Champions League Final there Bayern beating Valencia.  I prefer Inter to AC after our games with them.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

Can't believe they are going to knock down the San Siro for a corporate smaller stadium.  Its so iconic for me. 1990 world cup it blew me away with its size.  Lucky enough to go to the 2001 Champions League Final there Bayern beating Valencia.  I prefer Inter to AC after our games with them.  

I get why they are doing it, it's really, really run down and shabby. But I still like it, it's like a huge spacecraft at night when the lights are on. Looks massive.

Only been there twice and the last time was this fixture with Zlatan playing for Milan and they won 1-0 through a Zlatan penalty early in the game. Must have been in 2010 I think but I can't imagine the stadium is in any better shape now.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I think like a lot of teams the clubs dont own the stadium unlike Juventus so are losing out on revenue, Roma and Lazio are in the same situation. Its an incredible stadium even iconic which will be sad to knock down

San Siro, Bernabeu and Camp Nou were always these amazing foreign stadiums as a kid from the look and the size

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Are we cheering for West Ham then 😉

Certainly draw is best here. As much as West Ham will have a slump at some stage in run in we really don't want them 9 clear given we have some difficult games ahead ourselves in next few weeks.

Think Moyes will just play for a point and that will help Spurs and they'll win a tight game.

• Like 1

Craig Pawson as ref, sounds like a little kids pet that.

Looking at his stats he seems to like handing out cards so this might be fun.

Edit: And Craig Dawson playing for Wet Spam :D 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Â