Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Agree with trez

But we've still not seen enough of sanson... I think Smith likes the theory of Barkley more than the reality but can see why he went with him again, I will lazily guess he's our most experienced PL player today, by maybe 100 games 

Sanson did more in 1 minute after he came on than Barkley did all game against Brighton.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree with trez

But we've still not seen enough of sanson... I think Smith likes the theory of Barkley more than the reality but can see why he went with him again, I will lazily guess he's our most experienced PL player today, by maybe 100 games 

fair comment.

Missing two key players is tough. I can completely understand Dean not wanting to change lots more. 

We've got 4 pts from the last 2 without conceding. You don't rip that up because the usual crowd on VT can't control their emotions. 

• Like 3

I'd of dropped barkley, paired Luiz with sansom, pushed mcginn forward to barkkleys spot and played trez instead of traore, or moved traore left, to give us a team full of energy and running as without grealish I feel we'll be on the backfoot trying to catch them on the counter alot today, but let's see what happens

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm glad I don't bet anymore, this would deffo be a tenner down the drain.

I'm going for 3-1 Villa

I only ever have £1 its part of my superstitious build up. My lad reckons if I dont bet 4:1 it will probably happen strange lad my son 

I suspect that Smith has known since the last match that Jack could well be out. I'm sure there will be a game plan in place that the squad have been working on all week, and that Dean has picked what he feels is the best team available to him, in order to attempt to execute that plan....  I'm looking forward to watching, hopeful that we can put in a good performance and get something out of the game.  It's actually looked to me to be a bit of a problem in the last few games that nearly everything seems to go through Jack, if only because teams are now doubling up on him. -  Time to see if the rest of the squad can step up to this massive challenge, against a really good team, without him. UTV

• Like 1