Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Yep, unfortunately we're not blessed with many players who can play on the left. This is all a consequence of Smith not wanting to change shape, which he arguably should have done after losing his best player with no equivalent back-up. Presumably the injury didn't happen yesterday, so he's had time to develop a Plan B.

I know this will be unpopular but I need to say it, I'm starting to feel very disillusioned with the fact that we are set up to play the same the same way week after week, even after losing our best players and one of the season's star defenders to injury.

You can't just "square peg, round hole" it against a top 4 team, you need a decent bloody plan.

He could have played Trez and played a 3 man centre mid without changing it too much. Leicester are lethal when they turn over possession. With no tracking back from AEG, Ross and Bert it will be a disaster. I predict we will be at least 2 down by half time the way we are set up. Easy three points for Leicester.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Almost forgot Engels existed he's injured that often, or completely unfavoured?

There's no note of an injury to my knowledge but when we're down to bare bones there's still no sight of him.

Smith said Engels is returning from injury(s). Getting up to speed as such. We all know how long it can take a Engels to get up to speed!

10 hours ago, Melvilla2 said:

Cash was the ideal choice for stopping Vardy on the break. We don’t have anyone who can match his speed

or his quick thinking...we don't go man fo man either, like Coufal did on Jack.

I know El Ghazi was like a duck out of water on the right the last time and rightly got pulled at half time. His work rate was appalling though in that match. He has no excuses now in his favoured position. If Davis had a goal in him, id of started Wakins on the left.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And social media

So many knicker wetters

The response to the official twitter posting about Kesler and chuck is just ludicrous negativity 

The team announcement always causes uproar. You'd never guess we were having a good season and liked our manager if you only ever read the hour before kick off on here. 

• Like 2