• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Elmohamady (Cash 61
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 66)
    • Sanson (Barkley 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/21 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

1 person has voted Barkley MOTM. 

I would suggest a bottle of Jack Daniels, some anti depressants and a visit to Specsavers will solve your problem. 

Well I can only think that he must have been tossing off someone on here at halftime. Maybe not because that necessitates a little bit of movement! :)

7 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Barkley...plays like he thinks he's doing us a flucking flavour. I'd ship him back to Chelsea now if we could. 

I see people saying that it's in his contract to play if he's fit, well there's your 'get out of jail card' right there for he's nowhere near fit!. Moreover, he's one hell of a lazy tw*t and I hate seeing them in a Villa shirt. 

Terrible performance overall apart from Martinez although the defence was resilient which is a real plus point! 

On the positive side it's a point that takes us past last year's total with 16 games left. So I'll take a point tonight and move on (swiftly)

Surely no one in their right mind would agree to a contract like that.

28 minutes ago, bcarpet said:

Something has changed the last month or so, we don't seem to be playing the same exciting way we used to.

Tonight Emi was outstanding, the back 4 was good and I think dougie was ok. 

The rest were poor. I think that's possible the worst game I've seen from our forward thinking players. Jack was none existant and I think he is suffering a little bit now teams are doubling up on him.

We are playing against premier league coaching teams they have sussed us out , we need to adapt, not just the coaches, the players (Jack) also have to put some thought into it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Only thing shitter than the game was the ref. Awful performances. Embarrassing theatrics.

Must admit I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this, he gave them everything.

Must say that Dan Burn is a horrible b******

Martinez rightly MOTM although I admit that I voted for Sanson as he was better than Barkley and Mcginn combined.

Errors tonight were terrible we constantly gave the ball away and looked clueless without Grealish.

Barkley was atrocious tonight, no energy, drive, gave the ball away repeatedly and ducked out of several challenges.

Martinez to thank, nine shots saved for him in a game we probably should have lost.

If we play like that again we will get a heavy defeat at the hands of Leicester.

A hard fought point what was never going to be an easy game.

Considering how little we got out of the game, we were fortunate to come away with a point.

Let's not be too harsh on ourselves, we're 4 points from 4th with 2 games in hand.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Barkley is a dead weight.....Sanson did more in ten minutes than Barkley did in 75, isnt it amazing how much better our midfield looks when we have another player in there that actually works (and Sanson can play).

Brighton are a team of spoilers...but they showed what can be done, with Hard work and physicality.....we have too many ball watchers, when we haven't got the ball.

• Like 1

wont excuse our performance, it was dire, Barkley shouldnt start next game.....omg im so ergggh at Barkley the lazy prat.

But....worth considering in BHA's last 6 games, they have drawn with us, and beaten Liverpool, Spurs and Leeds. (doesnt excuse how poor we were though...at all)

18 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................ wait, it's over?

We need some energy and composure badly. So behind the play all night, poor touches, poor passes and giveaways, poor decisions, barely involved our attackers. I thought that breakaway by Jack from Bertie was going to be it, but then the ball went to Barkley and he sent it straight into traffic instead of just rolling out to Ollie in space on his left. Brighton learned from Hammers to effectively double mark Jack on the left, none of our side able to take advantage of the space because they were too sluggish and/or sloppy. Sanson and Nakamba in for Ross & SJM for me. Not sure about Trez for Bert, maybe because it's Leicester next but Trez just has next to nothing going forward.

I would ay McGinn or trez in the Barkley position. We need more drive

16 minutes ago, smg said:

Guessing you wanted to say Smith out ?

I never wanted him in, and my stance hasn't really changed.

Great bloke, Villa fan, but I don't think he's a particularly good manager.  Good coach, improves players, but tactically, poor.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Rubbish on the whole, no cohesion going forward and the midfield were dominated throughout. Brighton were very good in their all round play but impotent in the last third, which saved us almost as much as Emi who put in another great display. 
ross needs to sit on the bench for the next game, he’s got worse since his impressive debut v Liverpool, looks totally off the pace and chasing shadows all game. All things considered good point utv 

20 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........................ wait, it's over?

We need some energy and composure badly. So behind the play all night, poor touches, poor passes and giveaways, poor decisions, barely involved our attackers. I thought that breakaway by Jack from Bertie was going to be it, but then the ball went to Barkley and he sent it straight into traffic instead of just rolling out to Ollie in space on his left. Brighton learned from Hammers to effectively double mark Jack on the left, none of our side able to take advantage of the space because they were too sluggish and/or sloppy. Sanson and Nakamba in for Ross & SJM for me. Not sure about Trez for Bert, maybe because it's Leicester next but Trez just has next to nothing going forward.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Brighton are a team of spoilers...but they showed what can be done, with Hard work and physicality.....we have too many ball watchers, when we haven't got the ball.

Yep. Too many ball watchers indeed. Midfield needs a shake up. Stick Trez in there

• Haha 1

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

I never wanted him in, and my stance hasn't really changed.

Great bloke, Villa fan, but I don't think he's a particularly good manager.  Good coach, improves players, but tactically, poor.

Christ. Have you seen our position in the league. A bit of leeway please.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Team selection was wrong

setup was wrong

Half time team talk had no impact

Subs had little to no impact.

Extremely frustrating seeing DS making the same mistakes now that he was making 2 years ago.

But........his after match comments were spot on.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I feel like we've been found out.

We can't seem to handle it when teams decides to go rough on us.

A brilliant back 4 and keeper is what's bailing us out.

But this ain't sustainable. A big, big defeat is coming if things don't change. It's inevitable.

Edited by villalad21

44 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Very happy with a point after that performance. What has happened to us????

The same as happened against west ham and Burnley....we have players, who struggle when players deny them space to play....its middle of the park.

Â