• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Elmohamady (Cash 61
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 66)
    • Sanson (Barkley 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/21 at 23:59

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

probably the worst performance of the season and we got a point against a team that always cause us problems. dust ourselves off and move on.

I don't buy the "team that always cause problems"... Every season is different, teams can change remarkably in a very short span. 

We were rubbish and we have no excuses for that. 

Whilst we need a plan B for definite, I would say it probably wouldn't have helped tonight. Too many players were misplacing passes, letting the ball bounce off them and generally playing exceedingly poor. 

We've been poor since our return from Covid. 

Teams have also started doubling up on Jack again and it's completely nullifying us. Before the break we looked far more dangerous with Anwar on the left and Jack in the middle and I think I'd try that again. Especially as Barkley is a big old waste of space.

• Like 2

As poor in the second as they were in the first. After that performance Smith needs to freshen it up for the next game. McGinn needs to be rested as he’s been poor for some time now and Barkley still doesn’t look fit to me or he’s not interested?

Villa got away with it tonight as Brighton were as toothless as Villa upfront.

Without doubt Villa’s worst performance of the season but they got a point which was the only positive!

• Like 1

Good performance against a good team, not many season we have got anything from a game like this, Positives Sanson and Martinez, negatives Cash injury and Jack being marked out of another game and we haven't got the quality to take advantage. We need an answer to Jack being marked out of the game and Barkley isn't that option atm. 

Not looking forward to the next game for a change.

Terrible performance. No consistency in our performances and we rely on individual players playing very well. Makes me question the coaching as our patterns of play are dreadful.

Edited by doaflip

Just now, tinker said:

Good performance against a good team, not many season we have got anything from a game like this, Positives Sanson and Martinez, negatives Cash injury and Jack being marked out of another game and we haven't got the quality to take advantage. We need an answer to Jack being marked out of the game and Barkley isn't that option atm. 

Lol. 

4 minutes ago, striker said:

As poor in the second as they were in the first. After that performance Smith needs to freshen it up for the next game. McGinn needs to be rested as he’s been poor for some time now and Barkley still doesn’t look fit to me or he’s not interested?

Villa got away with it tonight as Brighton were as toothless as Villa upfront.

Without doubt Villa’s worst performance of the season but they got a point which was the only positive!

I think Barkley can honestly be put in the 'Got his massive payday move now can't be bothered' category of Premiership footballers.

I've spent most the day sat on my sofa but I bet I've done more steps than that lazy tit tonight. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Like 1

I know lots of people like Traore enough but I still don't understand why we pursued him over Benrahma.  The only mistake in our impeccable transfer window.  Gotta feel for Watkings, had no help but was fighting like crazy. It's just nice to have players that give a ****. We didn't play well, but I still enjoyed seeing few individual performances.

Rubbish. 

Emi was absolutely class. Mings was great and the other defenders solid enough. Going forward we were awful. Whether or not that was down to Brighton playing well I’m not so sure. Worrying if Cash has done his hamstring too.

So disappointing. We just didn’t look like threatening at all. Barkley in particular was really disappointing, seemed to lose the ball every time he touched it.

Hopefully we can file this away alongside Leeds and West Ham at home and put it behind us. Tough game against a confident Leicester next weekend.

Up the Emi.

Â