• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Elmohamady (Cash 61
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 66)
    • Sanson (Barkley 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/21 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, skell said:

Christ. Have you seen our position in the league. A bit of leeway please.

Leeway on not making changes when its clearly not working?

Leeway on playing someone who is a complete liability and offering nothing for 7 games?

Leeway when Nakamba keeps getting left out despite clearly being in the best cm in the games he has played?

Leeway in not rotating players when playing 6 games in 18 days despite players clearly looking fatigued?

Not making subs when playing poorly?

2 years of the same issues, sorry, I'm all out of leeway.

51 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Dog poo. No attempt at all to try and win that game. Smith got it totally wrong. Lethargic at best. Utter dross. No intent, no energy, no drive at all. Utter crap. Clueless from management. Shocking display.

We couldn't get the ball and when we got it, we couldn't keep it....

we need players who can help us with this.....the midfield was pants.

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

Leeway on playing someone who is a complete liability and offering nothing for 7 games?

Leeway when Nakamba keeps getting left out despite clearly being in the best cm in the games he has played?

Leeway in not rotating players when playing 6 games in 18 days despite players clearly looking fatigued?

For every one of these complaints tgeres an answer, but not necessarily a better team.

Our subs bench was worse than Brighton's. Yeats where we are. I agree we could start nakamba  or swap Barkley, but it is much of a much ness .

Put pep in charge of that team, honestly what would be different. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

But........his after match comments were spot on.

Honestly, I didn't stick around long enough to hear them.

But that makes it more frustrating.  If he sees the issues, and the issues continue...  Didn't he say himself, the team is a reflection of him?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Yep. Were not far off Europe so leeway on all of the above. I'll humour you and my comments.

Leeway on not making changes when its clearly not working?  YES HE SHOULD HAVE MADE CHANGES.

Leeway on playing someone who is a complete liability and offering nothing for 7 games? WHO? BARKLEY HAS SCORED. TELL ME YOUR STARTING 11. I AM INTRIGUED

Leeway when Nakamba keeps getting left out despite clearly being in the best cm in the games he has played? 2 GAMES RIGHT. HE DID OK. DIDNT.JUSTIFY A START

Leeway in not rotating players when playing 6 games in 18 days despite players clearly looking fatigued? WE HAD A WEEK OFF. BENCH NOT.GOOD ENOUGH . WHO DONYOU ROTATE? 

Not making subs when playing poorly? YOU HAD THIS ALREADY.DOESNT COUNT

2 years of the same issues, sorry, I'm all out of leeway. ARE YOU INCLUDING A PROMOTION AND SURVIVAL WITH AN AVERAGE TEAM. HES DONE WELL .RIGHT

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smg said:

We have had a great season so far but we are not good enough to accommodate Barkley, he is a luxury we cannot afford, let’s be honest even Chelsea have recognised this with the kind of players they can surround him with. When he is in the team he offers nothing when we don’t have the ball ( to be honest very little when we do have it) and this just puts extra pressure on other players. McGinn  and ,Luiz cannot play their normal games because they are covering for him, the back four are under increased pressure and are more likely to make errors, I believe Konsa has looked more and more vulnerable because of this in recent matches. I know he isn’t a popular choice but Nakamba may give us the solid base we are missing to allow others to flourish 

Yep. Nakamba and Luiz, let SJM push up in Barkleys position 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

For every one of these complaints tgeres an answer, but not necessarily a better team.

Our subs bench was worse than Brighton's. Yeats where we are. I agree we could start nakamba  or swap Barkley, but it is much of a much ness .

Put pep in charge of that team, honestly what would be different. 

Nakamba was our best player in the 2 games he played and got dropped.

Barkley, goal aside, has done less than nothing in 7 games.

This one change would have meant a completely different game dynamic where our midfield was not constantly overrun.

Its no coincidence that as soon as Barkley went off Brighton were suddenly much less threatening.  Also no coincidence that our best performances have been games where Nakamba has played as he helps us control midfield areas.

Barkley is a luxury player, and as we are in such bad form, we cannot afford to keep him in the starting 11.  Pretty simple.

Absolutely disgraceful performance. DS was bang on saying we gave the ball away often even when under no pressure  all through the game. Defence were decent but the attacking 4 (Watkins I’ll forgive as he had nothing) I mean McGinn, Traore Barkley and Grealish gave the ball away as though part of Brighton’s midfield rather than ours. They were amateurish. Truly shocking. 

We set up half of their attacks! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

FFS, this should be funny but I believe you mean it . I'm sorry but your letting your emotions get in the way of reason. Brightons last 6 games show how hard they are to play against . Because their not fashionable fans expect us to beat them.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

We really need to stop trying to look for Jack with every forward pass.  Its 3 games in a row now he has been targeted and its resulting in a breaking down of all our attacks.

Need far more from Barkley and Traore too, but the ball needs to come to them more.

Defence was excellent again, just hop Cash isnt too injured.

Martinez MOTM, which says it all.

Brighton will feel cheated! 

Players get knocked off the ball too easily, so jack becomes the only option, we have to deal with this.....the problem is then compounded, because we can't win it back, we just ball watch....instead of closing down and working hard off the ball.

6 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Nakamba was our best player in the 2 games he played and got dropped.

Barkley, goal aside, has done less than nothing in 7 games.

This one change would have meant a completely different game dynamic where our midfield was not constantly overrun.

Its no coincidence that as soon as Barkley went off Brighton were suddenly much less threatening.  Also no coincidence that our best performances have been games where Nakamba has played as he helps us control midfield areas.

Barkley is a luxury player, and as we are in such bad form, we cannot afford to keep him in the starting 11.  Pretty simple.

I agree with most of what you say but the Smith attack is just bizarre and unjustified 

11 minutes ago, skell said:

Yep. Were not far off Europe so leeway on all of the above. I'll humour you and my comments.

Leeway on not making changes when its clearly not working?  YES HE SHOULD HAVE MADE CHANGES.

Leeway on playing someone who is a complete liability and offering nothing for 7 games? WHO? BARKLEY HAS SCORED. TELL ME YOUR STARTING 11. I AM INTRIGUED

Leeway when Nakamba keeps getting left out despite clearly being in the best cm in the games he has played? 2 GAMES RIGHT. HE DID OK. DIDNT.JUSTIFY A START

Leeway in not rotating players when playing 6 games in 18 days despite players clearly looking fatigued? WE HAD A WEEK OFF. BENCH NOT.GOOD ENOUGH . WHO DONYOU ROTATE? 

Not making subs when playing poorly? YOU HAD THIS ALREADY.DOESNT COUNT

2 years of the same issues, sorry, I'm all out of leeway. ARE YOU INCLUDING A PROMOTION AND SURVIVAL WITH AN AVERAGE TEAM. HES DONE WELL .RIGHT

You make me laugh.  If scoring 1 goal in 7 games as the only positive contribution is all a player needs to do to keep his place in your opinion, then there is no point in addressing anything else you say, as you clearly have very low standards.

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Agree strongly with your points, just don't think our results will continue being favourable. We have stopped attacking.

Because, we can't keep the ball, we lose it at an alarming rate, in games like this...so how can we attack.

for me, the issues are quite obvious.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tinker said:

FFS, this should be funny but I believe you mean it . I'm sorry but your letting your emotions get in the way of reason. Brightons last 6 games show how hard they are to play against . Because their not fashionable fans expect us to beat them.

We made the game hard by starting with 10 men.

Barkley does not deserve to be starting.  With him in the side right now, we instantly lose the midfield battle.  Every game he has played in with Luiz and McGinn we have lost the midfield.

As soon as he is removed, our midfield improves.

That's not an emotional reaction its a fact.

At no point have I said we should be beating Brighton, you've made that up yourself.

All I am saying is, players not carrying their weight, like Barkley, deserve to be dropped, and players who work hard and play well, Nakamba, should not.

Â