• Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Elmohamady (Cash 61
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 66)
    • Sanson (Barkley 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/21 at 23:59

Crap.

I'd love to see the pass completion stats for McGinn, he must have given the ball away about 8 times at least tonight, that's what it felt like anyway.

Douglas Luiz a passenger again along with Barkley (obviously). Nakamba must be scratching his head wondering how he hasn't got into that midfield 3.

Chelsea must have an if fit, Barkley plays clause in his loan deal.

So disappointed tonight, that was a point gained, if teams press us and put 2 players on jack, we can't cope. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

by and large I have enjoyed every game we have played this season even in defeat.

But that was one I didn’t enjoy.

An awful game of football and an awful performance. The midfield were shocking. 

We are on a terrible run of form. Forget the results, we have been garbage since our C-19 break. Marvelous must start the next match. Jack needs to play 10 just to try and find his form again. 

Ps please break the bank and sign Bissouma in the summer. Total game changer.

• Like 3

We really need to stop trying to look for Jack with every forward pass.  Its 3 games in a row now he has been targeted and its resulting in a breaking down of all our attacks.

Need far more from Barkley and Traore too, but the ball needs to come to them more.

Defence was excellent again, just hop Cash isnt too injured.

Martinez MOTM, which says it all.

Brighton will feel cheated! 

• Like 1

I found that painful to watch.

We were outplayed by Brighton but clung on for a draw. What more is there to say? Last season we would have seen this as a good result.

Martinez MOTM by a mile.

Worryingly, premier league sides seem to be working out how to contain Grealish and without him we are much less potent in attack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Can someone explain how referees are adjudicated? Some of the decisions were utterly baffling (and I try to say this without the claret and blue specs on)

I didnt recognise him, they're probably at the stage where they are scraping the bottom of the barrel.  Not that he did anything too shocking to be fair.

Emi again outstanding.  Only Targett and Mings I can say played well out of the outfield players, though Doug did his best in trying to protect the back 4.  Sanson just sprinting round twice offered more than Barkley.

Bah humbug. Our passing has been poor for a few games now. It needs to improve. Our off the ball movement is also poor except for Jack and Ollie Watkins. We made Brighton look good.

Barkley needs to be benched for the next game. As does Mcginn. 

Luiz.  Nakamba.  Sanson. 

1 minute ago, bcarpet said:

Something has changed the last month or so, we don't seem to be playing the same exciting way we used to.

Tonight Emi was outstanding, the back 4 was good and I think dougie was ok. 

The rest were poor. I think that's possible the worst game I've seen from our forward thinking players. Jack was none existant and I think he is suffering a little bit now teams are doubling up on him.

He better, and soon, find a way of dealing with it.

Great point. I say that because we deserved to lose.

Emi fantastic and defence played well hope cashy's injury isnt serious.

Mcginn was poor but not as poor as barkley, doug, traore and jack.

Jack was absolutely hopeless. Never seen him give the ball away or miscontrol it so much in one game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Embarrassed by that performance, without Martinez we get drubbed tonight 

We need a plan B when things aren’t working for us , we don’t currently have one .

Next game shouldn’t see Barkley anywhere near the starting 11. 
the swagger and confidence in our attacking play has gone , we need it back fast 

Not sure who was worse Barkley or Traore but then McGinn was crap too, only Luiz had any composure on the ball. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

There is a positive out of all this. 

We've started to be a club who pick up points when they play badly. We haven't been that kind of team for years. 

We've had 2 wins and a draw in our last 5 games, probably none of which we deserved. 

It's most concerning just how badly we are playing but you can't put a price on undeserved points. 

Agree strongly with your points, just don't think our results will continue being favourable. We have stopped attacking.

Happy we took a point from that poor performance, wouldn’t be surprised if Marvellous replaces Dougie again for the next game, Barkley didn’t offer anything and every time we play Brighton our midfield get dominated. One positive is we go above Spurs in the league.

Â