Cheery Twits

HanoiVillan

I am a fairly heavy Twitter reader, though I don't post on it. Lately I've been finding that a number of accounts I follow irk me, with either rubbish politics or - most commonly - covid doomerism, and I'm going to do a spring clean. Gonna throw so many epidemiologists into Room 101, I can't wait.

However, I would also like to follow more good/positive/happy stuff, so this is a request for any recommendations. I don't care what it is - could be your account, could be animals doing funny things, lovely pictures, funny jokes, music and clips, interesting trivia, good-looking women, bots, literally anything - as long as it helps relieve the incessant, relentless negativity of the scroll.

Some examples of the sort of thing I currently follow purely for brightening the timeline purposes (but your suggestions don't have to be anything like this!):

etc etc, I'm sure you get the idea.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I am a fairly heavy Twitter reader, though I don't post on it. Lately I've been finding that a number of accounts I follow irk me, with either rubbish politics or - most commonly - covid doomerism, and I'm going to do a spring clean. Gonna throw so many epidemiologists into Room 101, I can't wait.

However, I would also like to follow more good/positive/happy stuff, so this is a request for any recommendations. I don't care what it is - could be your account, could be animals doing funny things, lovely pictures, funny jokes, music and clips, interesting trivia, good-looking women, bots, literally anything - as long as it helps relieve the incessant, relentless negativity of the scroll.

Some examples of the sort of thing I currently follow purely for brightening the timeline purposes (but your suggestions don't have to be anything like this!):

etc etc, I'm sure you get the idea.

I’m in the same boat as you, regular reader but not poster, have had political arguments etc etc on there but trying to move away from that for my sanity.

I love animals, especially cats. I have 3 myself who are basically my children.

Nothing melts your heart like the Dodo. Features feel good animal stories, rescues who become part of the family etc.

One such story that got to me was a guy looking to cycle around the world who found this abandoned kitten in Montenegro. He ended up taking her on his adventure with him and have been travelling together for 2 years.

If you have Instagram there is a lot more posts and content of the day to day travel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 09/02/2021 at 13:53, HanoiVillan said:

However, I would also like to follow more good/positive/happy stuff, so this is a request for any recommendations. I don't care what it is - could be your account, could be animals doing funny things, lovely pictures, funny jokes, music and clips, interesting trivia, good-looking women...

Out of context human race is normally good for a chuckle a couple of times per day.

E.g

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â