2021-22 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

18 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Just watching Trev's Pro Day on NFL Network...

Image result for boner gif

I've just been watching some of it. Maybe its because I'm new to the sport, but what can you tell by someone just throwing a ball to open runners with no one coming towards him. 

I don't really get the point of these pro days. Surely you learn everything from their college games. 

This will be interesting cos I'm no expert but want to guess

They look at his feet, his positioning when he releases the ball, his cadence, his arm strength not just necessarily down field stuff but how quick he releases the ball and how fast he throws it and then probably the easiest to see is if he can put the ball in the receivers stride 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I've just been watching some of it. Maybe its because I'm new to the sport, but what can you tell by someone just throwing a ball to open runners

Volume, shine and silkiness.

These are things you don't get to see in pads and helmet.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This will be interesting cos I'm no expert but want to guess

They look at his feet, his positioning when he releases the ball, his cadence, his arm strength not just necessarily down field stuff but how quick he releases the ball and how fast he throws it and then probably the easiest to see is if he can put the ball in the receivers stride 

Pretty much this . 

Urban was virtually inside Lawrence the whole time which I have never seen before

• Like 1

That's piss poor from start to finish to be honest and I'm pretty sure the whole world knows Urban is really GM so there's no need to keep embarrassing Baalke.

Meyer says they did their homework on Doyle which is either a lie or they knew and hired the arsehole anyway.

Edited by Brumerican

26 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Meyer says they did their homework on Doyle which is either a lie or they knew and hired the arsehole anyway.

On June 15, 2020, Iowa announced a separation agreement between the school and Doyle. Before the separation Doyle was the highest paid strength and conditioning coach in college football making $800,000. Under the agreement Doyle was paid 15 months salary which was over $1.1 million

😲 I guess you can pay a workout-coach when you don't have to pay the players. Jaysus

27 minutes ago, Tegis said:

😲 I guess you can pay a workout-coach when you don't have to pay the players. Jaysus

Tebow got paid in Jaysus ...Why risk alienating all your black players for such an unimportant role ? 

NFL players are not afraid of their coaches like school kids so Meyers "win at all costs" style is going to to be interesting. This was his first real taste of player power and it's a bad sign that he couldn't see this coming.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2021 at 09:46, DCJonah said:

I've just been watching some of it. Maybe its because I'm new to the sport, but what can you tell by someone just throwing a ball to open runners with no one coming towards him. 

I don't really get the point of these pro days. Surely you learn everything from their college games. 

Probably a little more helpful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

☹️

Had him in my Fantasy team a few times.

Reading the report, it looks a nailed- on suicide. What a waste, he was actually one of the good guys by the look of it, as opposed to the "hoodlums that got lucky" type.

Â