Player Match Ratings: 1-0 to the Villa!

John

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Good review ,analysis again John agree with all bar Traore I thought he was again much improved and deserved at least a 7 rating .

Yes, it was a tight call and he was very close to getting a 7 .  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Made our only goal, some nice play, brilliant turn and shot. I'd have given him a 7 or 8.

Two good pieces of play, I agree.

6 is a "good" rating by the way. I would not say he was on a par with the players that I gave an 8, but as I have said above he was close to a "very good" 7. It is all about opinions and I thank you for taking the time to read my ratings and for adding your comments. 

Not sure if intentional and there's an in joke I'm missing but it's Ross Barkley.

As for the review, very accurate, and a good read.  Tend to agree with the others above that Traore was better than a 6, and certainly better than Ross. Could have done better with his chip, but its fun to watch. Difficulty with a 10 point rating scale i guess, all subjective.

• Thanks 1

And an honourable mention to Lawro for predicting we'd win! He can have an 8 as he got the result right but not the score (he went for 2-1). I was very surprised he backed us to win actually, given Arsenal's recent winning run and a few good perfomances from them. We give him stick but Lawro's pretty good at predicting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robby b said:

And an honourable mention to Lawro for predicting we'd win! He can have an 8 as he got the result right but not the score (he went for 2-1). I was very surprised he backed us to win actually, given Arsenal's recent winning run and a few good perfomances from them. We give him stick but Lawro's pretty good at predicting.

I suspect that Lawro was aware his result predictions had us 7 places below where we actually were in the league prior to Saturday’s game and probably thought he needed to address his imbalance. 7 places was the joint highest error in his prediction table. Only matched by leeeeds who were 7 places higher than their actual league position. Seems to support the overhyped theory!

@John thanks for another great match and player review. For me, Traore’s assist, occasional threat and reasonable defensive tracking was enough to earn a 7. Even if a 6 is still a ‘good’ rating, I think most would think Bertrand deserved one point more than Barkley’s rating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â