Pre match thread

Don_Simon

22 hours ago, supermon said:

Every time I feel like we have a slight upper hand in terms of rest day, we seem to play lose. Think this going to be a very tough game, they have players to hurt us. Would be great to get a small run of wins together to push up the table.

Would be happy with 5 points from this and the Leicester and Leeds. Think someone mentioned on here last week just before Southampton about us playing many 50/50 games currently and think the next 3 all fall into that category. You'd probably rate Leicester as favourites going into the game in two weeks but Wolves held them pretty comfortably to a 0-0 today and they've got a europa away match three days before they play us.

As it stands in March we have Wolves, Newcastle, Sheffield United and Fulham so that's the huge chance to properly break into the top 6 if we can keep in touch as we're doing currently. March was always the month in the MON years that killed off top 4 hopes so would be nice to blast out 3 or 4 wins which would set up a hugely exciting final 9 games.

Next few weeks is all about lurking in the shadows....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 07/02/2021 at 00:25, Kingman said:

Oh FFS not another Saturday 8pm kick off. 

I have to battle the missus with rock-paper-scissors over the telly for some X-factor show with contestants dressed up as Monster munch characters 

Poor woman will be black and blue again. 

Lap top again for me with sky go. Normally if the Villa are on tv , then the Villa re on tv and I watch it no arguments. But Saturday night . I could go up stairs and watch. But Saturday night  I want both - watch the game and be with Mrs T  

20 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

This will be another tough game, but then they all are in this league (ain’t that the truth, Steve?). Brighton seem to have tightened up defensively, their last six games have all been low scores with some great results for them.

Man Citeh 1-0 Brighton

Leeds 0-1 Brighton

Brighton 0-0 Fulham

Brighton 1-0 Spurs

Liverpool 0-1 Brighton

Burnley 1-1 Brighton 

I feel we’ve got the skill to unlock them and create plenty of chances, we just need to take them. Based on probability alone, I’d say Brighton are due a loss. Let’s hope a rested and rejuvenated Villa provide that for them on Saturday.

1-4 Villa

• Like 1

On 07/02/2021 at 00:45, Zhan_Zhuang said:

We owe these...

But I said that about Wet Spam!

evil dead horror GIF

Yup. And Burnley. So many points I expected to get, but then again we got some points I didn't expect us to get so swings and roundabouts.

We need a comfortable win here if we're serious about pushing for Europe. Be even better if we can dick Leeds a few weeks later too.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Yup. And Burnley. So many points I expected to get, but then again we got some points I didn't expect us to get so swings and roundabouts.

We need a comfortable win here if we're serious about pushing for Europe. Be even better if we can dick Leeds a few weeks later too.

Agree, Villa keep letting me down when I think we stand a good chance of getting maximum points from a game and then throwing these random surprises in like a double over Arsenal. 

In a nutshell, it’s a totally winnable game providing we don’t mess it up. Also shouldn’t underestimate them as they are better than their position would suggest.

Finally, god yes, we owe Leeds big time. Somebody gag Gabby and tie his tweeting fingers together in the run up to that game. 

On 06/02/2021 at 23:19, tomav84 said:

players actually getting a proper recovery whereas brighton have a tough trip to leicester in the cup wednesday. be nice to comfortably beat them

I wonder if that cup game will go ahead. Forecast to be -5 on Weds.

Brighton are a good team, this will be close either way. 

If you had told me back in 1993 when we were battling with Utd for the first ever Premier League that we would be facing a tough game against Brighton who I used to go and watch at the rotting old Goldstone Ground I wouldn't have believed you. They are my local team who have been through shit that no club (with the exception of blues) deserve. So I'll always want to see them to well, but wish they would lose this one heavily as I want to fire off some choice replies to the the whats app messages I got last game. 

• Like 2