Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Arsenal

limpid

Match Polls  

269 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/21 at 23:59

Mings and Watkins both very good, but I made Cash my MotM because most of Arsenal's attack came down that side and he was brilliant in nullifying most of them. CBs + Emi would have been a lot more busy if not for him. Brilliant game.

• Like 1

Massive milestone today. As well as doing the double against the “mighty” Arsenal, we have equalled last season’s points tally after only 21 games. Who knows how far we can go this season?

Given that most wins in the premier league this season have come away from home, I guess the best way to approach a home game is to play as if you are away, and that is what we did. Nicked an early goal and concentrated on defending it. 

We did that very well, although Arsenal are quite poor in front of goal, always wanting to take a second or third touch.

Hard to pick out a MOTM from the defence - Cash, Targett and Mings all did really well but in the end I gave it to Cash who patrolled the right side very effectively.

Well done on an excellent win.

Mother of all funkers, at work forgot early kick off and turned on as the players walked off at the end of the game. Doh.

Going to have to watch highlights now.

Well done team and backroom staff after the miserable show against the spammers.

We’re so annoying >_< Lose to West Ham (twice), Brighton, Leeds (3-0) and then pull out results against Arsenal (twice), Liverpool etc.. 

I appreciate the position were in but just thinking of where we could be.. ah man.

Special mention to how s*** Xhaka is. Free kick aside, he was crap and his cynical fouls on Jack over and over just highlight what a poor player he is at times.

Edit: Also, Ollie MOTM for me, he was excellent. That run he made to track back in the second half showed what he does in this team even if he isn’t scoring.

Edited by 7392craig

Â