Paris Saint-Germain

Ligue 1: 2012–13

Real Madrid

Copa del Rey: 2013–14

UEFA Champions League: 2013–14

UEFA Super Cup: 2014

FIFA Club World Cup: 2014

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Wonder if this game at Leeds will go ahead tonight with snow forecast for most of the day. Should imagine a few fixtures might be impacted this week.

About 30miles or so from Leeds. Bitterly cold and light snow but none sticking, game should be ok.

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Wonder if this game at Leeds will go ahead tonight with snow forecast for most of the day. Should imagine a few fixtures might be impacted this week.

I would hate to hear the media if Leeds win in snow, "Bielsa has mastered the conditions like no other manager in history"

16 hours ago, PaulC said:

Fair enough hes managed some top sides and won trophies. I'm not so sure he would have done what Klopp has at liverpool though. Hes starting from a  similar position at Everton as Klopp did at Liverpool, lets see what he does and achieves with them. 

Sorry but that is ridiculous to compare Everton’s position when he arrived to that of Liverpool when Klopp did.

1 hour ago, GENTLEMAN said:

About 30miles or so from Leeds. Bitterly cold and light snow but none sticking, game should be ok.

Yeah. I'm in Leeds and there's a bit of snow, but nothing major. **** ing cold, though. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PaulC said:

Hes starting from a  similar position at Everton as Klopp did at Liverpool, lets see what he does and achieves with them. 

I mean, the facts are completely against you, but other than that, you're spot on.

Klopp joined Liverpool when they were in a bit of poor form and 10th in the league, but it was only October and they finished the previous season 6th and got to two semi finals.

Ancelotti took over Everton in 15th, 34 points off the bottom 3, with a much worse squad at a club with far fewer resources. For Ancelotti to come close to what Klopp has done at Liverpool would be absolutely miraculous. It's absurd to claim they're starting from similar positions. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I mean, the facts are completely against you, but other than that, you're spot on.

Klopp joined Liverpool when they were in a bit of poor form and 10th in the league, but it was only October and they finished the previous season 6th and got to two semi finals.

Ancelotti took over Everton in 15th, 34 points off the bottom 3, with a much worse squad at a club with far fewer resources. For Ancelotti to come close to what Klopp has done at Liverpool would be absolutely miraculous. It's absurd to claim they're starting from similar positions. 

The previous season to when Klopp took over Liverpool finished 6th on 62 points, the previous season for Ancelotti they finished 8th on 54 points. So not as a greater difference as you think. I'm not expected him to do what Klopp has done at Liverpool not even close. I think Pep and Klopp are the best two managers in world football and we have bene lucky to have them in the Premier League. 

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Sorry but that is ridiculous to compare Everton’s position when he arrived to that of Liverpool when Klopp did.

😀 yes  Everton fans by me who never stop going on about Ancelloti being the best  manager around and Everton are like 1 point above us. 

Edited by PaulC

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The previous season to when Klopp took over Liverpool finished 6th on 62 points, the previous season for Ancelotti they finished 8th on 54 points. So not as a greater difference as you think. I'm not expected him to do what Klopp has done at Liverpool not even close. I think Pep and Klopp are the best two managers in world football and we have bene lucky to have them in the Premier League. 

Everton finished 44 points off the top that season, Rodgers last season at Liverpool they finished 25 points behind a huge difference

23 minutes ago, PaulC said:

😀 yes  Everton fans by me who never stop going on about Ancelloti being the best  manager around and Everton are like 1 point above us. 

Not sure what that has to do with the original point? There is no comparison between Everton when Ancelloti arrived and Liverpool when Klopp arrived.

Methinks someone at Sky's studio stumbled across Chris Coleman walking the corridors and just handed him the tablet and pen then shoved him in front of the the cameras. He's not touched the tablet once. Blatantly obvious he's not got a clue how to use it. I guess Carragher will be giving him a crash course during the break. 🤣

Only 6 subs on the bench for Palace tonight...must be real encouraging for some of the U23s to know they're so poorly rated that they're not even considered as a last-resort sub option, even for the experience.

Â