Mid season, player(s) of the season so far

Villa 59

Just an idea. If the season ended now who would be your top 5 Villa players (in order)?..

Here's mine:

1. Grealish 

2. Martinez 

3. Konsa 

4. Targett 

5. Watkins

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

You can't have Jack in there. It's so unfair. I'd go

Targett, 

Konsa,

Martinez,

Cash,

Watkins.

Jack's on another level.

Lol...I had Cash at No6. We agree on most though

In terms of Overall quality (excluding Jack) 

Martinez, Mings, Luiz, Targett, Watkins

In terms of actual form (I.e performing over their ability) targett is number one by a mile. He went from being arguably our worst player in the first 5 weeks of the season to arguably our best player in all of the last 5 games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think all of our players have performed so far this season at times that I dont even think we have a shittest player contender. Even the back up players have done something when asked

Agree 100% it's a good indication of how far we've come in such a short time! 

Do you include Lansbury in your comment? :)

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

In terms of Overall quality (excluding Jack) 

Martinez, Mings, Luiz, Targett, Watkins

In terms of actual form (I.e performing over their ability) targett is number one by a mile. He went from being arguably our worst player in the first 5 weeks of the season to arguably our best player in all of the last 5 games.

I agree with a lot of that. I also found it tough to leave Ming's and Cash out of my 5

6 minutes ago, Villa 59 said:

Agree 100% it's a good indication of how far we've come in such a short time! 

Do you include Lansbury in your comment? :)

he had a good game in one of the cups I think :P 

Out of interest, would anyone choose anybody but Grealish as number 1....there must be someone out there that would?

Targett would be a contender perhaps given the massive improvement he's made. What about Konsa?

1 hour ago, Villa 59 said:

Just an idea. If the season ended now who would be your top 5 Villa players (in order)?..

Here's mine:

1. Grealish 

2. Martinez 

3. Konsa 

4. Targett 

5. Watkins

Can't argue with that list, really. Grealish is number one and the other 4 may as well be joint 2nd as they've all performed very well. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Can't argue with that list, really. Grealish is number one and the other 4 may as well be joint 2nd as they've all performed very well. 

Agreed mate. We've had a great season in many respects. I think 2 more summer transfer windows will see us competing at the very top.

6 hours ago, Villa 59 said:

Out of interest, would anyone choose anybody but Grealish as number 1....there must be someone out there that would?

Targett would be a contender perhaps given the massive improvement he's made. What about Konsa?

A deathly silence on that one, my friend.

• Like 1

A tough one as a fair few players have done very well, but i would say:

1. Grealish

2. Martinez

3. Watkins

4. Targett & Cash

5. Konsa

I also think Traore has done well considering he has only played 18 games (but less than 1000 minutes), as he continues to settle i think he will prove a very good signing also.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Villa 59 said:

Targett would be a contender perhaps given the massive improvement he's made. What about Konsa

I doubt there is tbh.  Jack has been one of the top 5 players in Europe, if not higher.  Below him I'd put Martinez at second then the rest of the first choice XI I'd lump together.  Overall this is the proudest I've been to say I'm a Villa fan since I first supported them. 

• Like 1