Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess Sander Berge is the obvious target. He's not really a DCM in the style people are clamoring for but he's young, big strong with a great engine and I think he'd be a solid option. Not that aggressive or combative but a good passer and really, really tall.

ANDRÉ ZAMBO ANGUISSA???

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sanson is a massive upgrade. You just haven't seen what he's capable of yet. Rushed in and injured. 99th percentile for pressures. He attempts 50% more than McGinn per game

Looking forward to you eating humble pie on McGinn.

• Haha 1

Berge, Anguissa, Bissouma, Kamara, Pape Sarr, JWP.

All different styles also have potential to either add something new to our squad we are desperately lacking or improve/have higher ceiling than some of our current options with similar styles.

The players are out there and we'd be silly to not add one of them or somebody in that position to our squad.

Just now, sne said:

He's only 3 cm taller than Sanson thou

That's a lot🤪

But seriously he is far from a giant and is far less lightweight then Dougie and Sansom.

I don't enough about him but if we are in the market I hope we are looking at a higher tier of player.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess Sander Berge is the obvious target. He's not really a DCM in the style people are clamoring for but he's young, big strong with a great engine and I think he'd be a solid option. Not that aggressive or combative but a good passer and really, really tall.

In order of likely cost…

Denis Zakaria is 1.90m tall, 24, has one year left on his contract and impressed at the Euros. 

Pape Matar Sarr, 1.80m and only 18.

Cheick Doucoure, 1.80m again and still only 21. 

Based on a late night session on YouTube and FBref, I’d really like us to get Sarr, but any of the above are decent DMs at Villa friendly prices.

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

That's a lot🤪

But seriously he is far from a giant and is far less lightweight then Dougie and Sansom.

I don't enough about him but if we are in the market I hope we are looking at a higher tier of player.

I mentioned Guido Rodríguez from Real Betis in January and now again this window. Argentinian international DCM who by the way is slightly taller than Anguissa :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we are willing to spend the thick end of over £35mill on JWP then I’d rather myself bid for Ryan Gravenberch as a show of ambition… never gunna happen and could be a DVB … 

36 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I think we're two players away from an awesome looking 3-4-3 formation. 

-----------------------Martinez---------------------

--------Konsa--------Mings--------?-------------

Cash-----------?-----------McGinn------Young

Bailey-------------Watkins------------Buendia

Why would we drop our player of the season from last year? (Targett).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Anguissa is an interesting player too with similar qualities. I think he could be very good in a better side.

Good shout, impressed me every time I saw him for Fulham.

Genuinely never noticed Sander Berge whenever I'd watched Sheffield United but seems to be mentioned regularly on here.

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Genuinely never noticed Sander Berge whenever I'd watched Sheffield United but seems to be mentioned regularly on here.

There is a very strange fascination with him on here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, penguin said:

He only moved there halfway through the 19/20 season and then got a bad injury making him miss 1/3 of last season. Far from the finished article but could become a good player. Would not be my #1 target for sure but he has potential. He's had some really bad injuries already which is a big red flag.

Edited by sne

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Guy who called Ings early now saying we're interested in Willock

Just can't see any more attacking incomings unless there are significant outgoings. 

If we see AEG, Wesley or the like moved out either on loan or permanent it would suggest that another attacking player was imminent. 

I would like to see Chukwuemeka stay and be given minutes this season. He's our one player who I rate as good enough to be playing first team football this season and not need a loan.