Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sanson is a massive upgrade. You just haven't seen what he's capable of yet. Rushed in and injured. 99th percentile for pressures. He attempts 50% more than McGinn per game

Have you seen much of Sanson Kiwivillan? It sounds like you have, he looks great on YouTube and in his brief appearances for our first team

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

If one of them can "emerge" with a bit more dominance, then I am fine....hence my " keep our powder dry"

The Front four and back five look fine to me....if we can get the ball to the front 4 we can really hurt teams.....Its the centre midfield, I have doubts about....get that right and we can surprise a few IMO.....It looks better balanced already.

It’s a balancing act isn’t it. You want to develop our talent but you need to know when to cut your losses and recognise a real weakness. I still think a lot of our midfield problems came when accommodating Barkley. But someone like JWP would instantly improve the engine room. I would be very comfortable going into the season if he signed.

I’ve seen big improvements in Naka, since his first season. Mainly his ball retention. I think he should have had more game time last season if I’m honest.

McGinn had it tough last season, but I think that was because he was happy to play roles not suited to him as a sacrifice for the team, also seems to be hitting a stretch of fitness, and I think he have a better season coming.

On ligue 1 showing Sanson seems like a player with the right attributes and character. He’s now settled into the squad and area, just frustrating with injury setbacks.

Doug is young, but by all accounts if having a good Olympics. I cannot workout whether he is too weak defensively or whether he’s exposed because of the balance we’ve had in midfield.

For players like Ramsey, do you afford them minutes to develop? Or do they have to take the little opportunities by the scruff of the neck and put themselves in the forefront of Smith’s mind?

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sanson is a massive upgrade. You just haven't seen what he's capable of yet. Rushed in and injured. 99th percentile for pressures. He attempts 50% more than McGinn per game

Yes, it’s been frustrating with his injuries. Now also hampered his preseason. He seems to have a very good temperament too

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It’s a balancing act isn’t it. You want to develop our talent but you need to know when to cut your losses and recognise a real weakness. I still think a lot of our midfield problems came when accommodating Barkley. But someone like JWP would instantly improve the engine room. I would be very comfortable going into the season if he signed.

I’ve seen big improvements in Naka, since his first season. Mainly his ball retention. I think he should have had more game time last season if I’m honest.

McGinn had it tough last season, but I think that was because he was happy to play roles not suited to him as a sacrifice for the team, also seems to be hitting a stretch of fitness, and I think he have a better season coming.

On ligue 1 showing Sanson seems like a player with the right attributes and character. He’s now settled into the squad and area, just frustrating with injury setbacks.

Doug is young, but by all accounts if having a good Olympics. I cannot workout whether he is too weak defensively or whether he’s exposed because of the balance we’ve had in midfield.

For players like Ramsey, do you afford them minutes to develop? Or do they have to take the little opportunities by the scruff of the neck and put themselves in the forefront of Smith’s mind?

I think Ramsey is the perfect candidate to be sent off to a championship team where he can get all the minutes he needs.

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

If one of them can "emerge" with a bit more dominance, then I am fine....hence my " keep our powder dry"

The Front four and back five look fine to me....if we can get the ball to the front 4 we can really hurt teams.....Its the centre midfield, I have doubts about....get that right and we can surprise a few IMO.....It looks better balanced already.

We could do with a bit of height in midfield imo,which I think you were calling for earlier in the window.

BALLER

Aston Villa to replace Grealish with Correa? - Football Italia (football-italia.net)

ASTON VILLA TO REPLACE GREALISH WITH CORREA?

According to Il Messaggero, Aston Villa have joined the race to sign Lazio striker Joaquin Correa who could potentially replace Jack Grealish.

The England star has joined Manchester City for €117m and The Claret & Blue are now looking for a replacement for their former captain.

According to the Rome-based paper, Il Messaggero, the Premier League side have set their sights on Lazio wantaway striker Correa.

Everton and Leicester City have also been linked with a move for the Argentina international who wants to leave the Stadio Olimpico in the summer.

During his unveiling press conference, new Lazio coach Maurizio Sarri confirmed that the player is seeking an escape route from the Biancocelesti.

Inter are also monitoring the 26-year-old and could sign him if Romelu Lukaku joins Chelsea.

The Blues need to put €130m on the table to sell the former Manchester United hitman and Inter’s plan is to sign two strikers if Lukaku returns to London. One of them would be Correa, who worked with Inter coach Simone Inzaghi at Lazio.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

We could do with a bit of height in midfield imo,which I think you were calling for earlier in the window.

TRO, like myself, has been calling for some height in that DM role for quite some time now. For me, that would be the final ingredient. We need a combative unit to compliment the energy of John McGinn. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

TRO, like myself, has been calling for some height in that DM role for quite some time now. For me, that would be the final ingredient. We need a combative unit to compliment the energy of John McGinn. 

Also for set pieces.Seeing SJM and Doug up against other teams centre backs was heart in mouth stuff.

I think we're two players away from an awesome looking 3-4-3 formation. 

-----------------------Martinez---------------------

--------Konsa--------Mings--------?-------------

Cash-----------?-----------McGinn------Young

Bailey-------------Watkins------------Buendia

• Confused 2

Just now, Villarocker said:

Yeah but we'll need to buy 2 CBs atleast. Can't buy one and then play 3 of them with just Hause as backup

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never watched him play before, he looks to have terrific technique but a quick look at his YouTube highlight video shows an alarming lack of end product, continuously losing the ball after beating his man.

Kamada has looked the most impressive of all the names put out there, interesting to see where he goes.

Edited by VillaJay
  • Like 1

Just now, VillaJay said:

Never watched him play before, he looks to have terrific technique but a quick look at his YouTube highlight video shows an alarming lack of end product, continuously losing the ball after bearing his man.

Kamada has looked the most impressive of all the names put out there, interesting to see where he goes.

Of the names that get thrown about I like the look of Nkunku the most but he'd be mega expensive so probably unobtanium. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Do you think Young will be a starter?  

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Of the names that get thrown about I like the look of Nkunku the most but he'd be mega expensive so probably unobtanium. 

I don’t think the price is the issue as much as him being on a Champions League team is. I’d love to have him and could be yet another incredible facilitator but it would take some special convincing to get him to leave a CL team.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Guess Sander Berge is the obvious target. He's not really a DCM in the style people are clamoring for but he's young, big strong with a great engine and I think he'd be a solid option. Not that aggressive or combative but a good passer and really, really tall.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess Sander Berge is the obvious target. He's not really a DCM in the style people are clamoring for but he's young, big strong with a great engine and I think he'd be a solid option. Not that aggressive or combative but a good passer and really, really tall.

Anguissa is an interesting player too with similar qualities. I think he could be very good in a better side.

• Like 4