Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't know but I thought that's why we hired super scout Mackenzie to find these bargains

No that I don’t doubt the team, but I’m a little disappointed with suggestions of Axel, JWP and Cantwell given Mackenzie’s ‘reputation’. I suppose it’s dependent on his remit. Perhaps finding the pieces of a jigsaw hiding in plain sight, no bedding in period needed, is a more difficult task.

Alternatively, the press couldn’t have clue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I hope we don't.....keep our powder dry.

but I still think we are weakish in centre Mid.

JWP would be perfect for me. Or someone of that ilk with tenacity, energy and ball retention. But I would like the signing to upgrade a ‘senior’ (Naka, Luiz, McGinn, Sanson). I like a tight squad. I think Hourihane needs to be move on for him and us. We also need space to allow Ramsey and Chukwuemeka to develop.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

No that I don’t doubt the team, but I’m a little disappointed with suggestions of Axel, JWP and Cantwell given Mackenzie’s ‘reputation’. I suppose it’s dependent on his remit. Perhaps finding the pieces of a jigsaw hiding in plain sight, no bedding in period needed, is a more difficult task.

I know what you mean. I'm hoping that it means that they have great belief in the yougsters coming through i.e. they play safe with current 1st team needs and then test the kids coming through, if they fail to impress, then dip in to the potential hidden gems that they may well be tracking..  

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can I get £1 for every time people mention signing Tuanzebe that aren't aware how much he's been out injured last 3 seasons?

Can I get £1 for every time we've been told on here!!!   

2 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

JWP would be perfect for me. Or someone of that ilk with tenacity, energy and ball retention. But I would like the signing to upgrade a ‘senior’ (Naka, Luiz, McGinn, Sanson). I like a tight squad. I think Hourihane needs to be move on for him and us. We also need space to allow Ramsey and Chukwuemeka to develop.

If one of them can "emerge" with a bit more dominance, then I am fine....hence my " keep our powder dry"

The Front four and back five look fine to me....if we can get the ball to the front 4 we can really hurt teams.....Its the centre midfield, I have doubts about....get that right and we can surprise a few IMO.....It looks better balanced already.

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Matheus Pereira off to Saudi league looool. Bullet dodged for PL teams

Is that the Baggies pereira!? I thought he was a way better standard than that. Money talks though… as we know all too well from recent events! 😆 

Edited by alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

What’s the issue with him? Always think he’s a good player but know nothing about his character.

People look at his returns and ignore Baggies fans saying he went missing in games

• Like 1

I saw Omar ( I think it was Omar ), on the Villa View podcast, say that the 100 mill boost, will enable us to spend 300 -400 mill over the next couple of years if we wanted to re: FFP.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

But I would like the signing to upgrade a ‘senior’ (Naka, Luiz, McGinn, Sanson)

Sanson is a massive upgrade. You just haven't seen what he's capable of yet. Rushed in and injured. 99th percentile for pressures. He attempts 50% more than McGinn per game

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's interesting to see just how little business has been done so far by other clubs around us in the table at this point in the window.  Hats off to our board for not "waiting for prices to drop" closer to the window closing.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I think that Sanson will prove to be an astute "stats" based signing at very good value. 

We also have absolutely no idea who we are looking at as targets at present as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, useless said:

This idea that Purslow doesn't want other teams to think we've got money to spend, doesn't really make sense because as soon as we bid or enquire for a player they will then know that we have money to spend, it's not as if he announced that we'd spent all the Grealish money, or as if other clubs won't know that our owners have money anyway...

I think it was just us being secretive about our transfer dealings, and probably with intention of making the media think we wouldn't be buying any more players rather than other football clubs.

Agreed.  I think they might have noticed that we have sold Jack.  Especially if we are going in for, say, Cantwell.