Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

28 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Have you watched him since he left. 47 games unavailable from 3 different injuries last 2 seasons. Made of glass

I focus on the Tuanzebe that was with us.

I wouldn't read too much of his time at Manure since he returned there since Solskshite didn't live up to his side of the agreement he made with the player.

A loan with option to buy would be a good piece of business were it to happen.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

I have a feeling JWP will be the next Gareth Barry in terms of quality and Premier League appearences.. I can easily believe that Liverpool want him. So if we get him, personally I will see this as a very ambitious gain to our team.

Ok, no one disagrees the lad has some great qualities and is a good player over all.

The disagreement is the price different people are willing to pay.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I focus on the Tuanzebe that was with us.

I wouldn't read too much of his time at Manure since he returned there since Solskshite didn't live up to his side of the agreement he made with the player.

A loan with option to buy would be a good piece of business were it to happen.

You didn't address the 3 different injuries picked up last 2 seasons that made him unavailable for 47 games

Tuanzebe was dreadful in the air. No idea if he's been able to improve on that while being injured so much and hardly playing any football for 2 season. He would not be among the players I look to bring in, guess a loan would be better than a transfer thou.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Tuanzebe was dreadful in the air. No idea if he's been able to improve on that while being injured so much and hardly playing any football for 2 season. He would not be among the players I look to bring in, guess a loan would be better than a transfer thou.

He’s just so injury prone. I’d rather we took a punt on trying to get the potential out of Ethan Ampadu. Can’t imagine Chelsea would be against selling him and would be pretty cheap. Also wouldn’t command a starting spot unless he earns it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

I just can't understand all the clamour on here and FB because of lazy links. It's like no one does due diligence on what's happened with him since he left us which I doubt people do but you can be damn sure the club does when signing players

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sne said:

He still is. 56.5 percent aerial duel win percentage in the last year.

As a comparison, in the same period

Hause-77.0 percent

Mings-75.7 percent

Konsa-59.2 percent

• Like 1

Anybody think there is a cat in hells chance that Bernardo Silva would come to us if we paid him enough money? 

Sounds like he will be moved on to recoup some money with the mega spending splurge. Still only 26 and always someone that's struck me as a truely brilliant player. Got that great combo of fantastic ability with a fantastic engine. 

I know he will want CL but its difficult to see many European clubs having the readies to buy him and I'd imagine City wont want to sell him to a big rival in this country. 

Now we hav all this cash + bargaining power we should be poaching a wonderkid CB from Europe. Surely we can find a mature 20yo for 20-25mil, hopefully one with good passing abilities that can move to DCM if needed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

He’s just so injury prone. I’d rather we took a punt on trying to get the potential out of Ethan Ampadu. Can’t imagine Chelsea would be against selling him and would be pretty cheap. Also wouldn’t command a starting spot unless he earns it.

No thanks, just hasn’t kicked on at all over the last few years 

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Anybody think there is a cat in hells chance that Bernardo Silva would come to us if we paid him enough money? 

Sounds like he will be moved on to recoup some money with the mega spending splurge. Still only 26 and always someone that's struck me as a truely brilliant player. Got that great combo of fantastic ability with a fantastic engine. 

I know he will want CL but its difficult to see many European clubs having the readies to buy him and I'd imagine City wont want to sell him to a big rival in this country. 

Not a **** chance on gods good earth I'm afraid. 

There would be a queue of CL teams round the block for him. Only 26, arguably one of the better players in a star studded team and versatile. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No thanks, just hasn’t kicked on at all over the last few years 

He hasn’t. I’m just putting a different name out there as I don’t understand the high demand for Tuanzebe.

Just in terms of Ampadu, he’s only 20 and has already played 26 times for Wales and has a season in the PL.

If anyone can help him reach his potential it could be Smith and co.

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

now Sevilla match cancelled, not making it easy for our new signings to get to know each other and the team

That's less than ideal. We really need to get some more game in before the season starts and ideally we should have at least 1 game against teams who are not just lower league cannon fodder.

Just now, sne said:

That's less than ideal. We really need to get some more game in before the season starts and ideally we should have at least 1 game against teams who are not just lower league cannon fodder.

I agree, sticking 4 passed teams like Walsall does nothing for us bar fitness levels. They need games against competitive teams before the season starts.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Radness said:

Now we hav all this cash + bargaining power we should be poaching a wonderkid CB from Europe. Surely we can find a mature 20yo for 20-25mil, hopefully one with good passing abilities that can move to DCM if needed.

Surprised more teams aren’t in for this guy! He sounds great.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The Villa Analytics guy tweeted the below but I can't find the tweet now to link to it.

Would quite possibly need to be an English side given short notice for travel. Non-PL sides out of question due to return of EFL, every PL club has a game before start of PL arranged other than local Wolves who would be the most likely candidate IMO.

Options look pretty thin should Wolves not be available though.

Like pre-season hasn't been disrupted enough already!

Now the Sevilla game has been cancelled, it has reminded me that I didnt get contacted by the Villa re the other preseason game that got cancelled.  Were we getting a refund or something else? anybody heard anything?

• Like 3