Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Purslow was talking about replacing Grealish in the aggregate.

I'm not sure a bag of rubble is going to help us much to be honest. 

• Haha 4

I think we’ll see a few outgoings sanctioned now - with the likes of Wesley and Hourihane moved on. 

Davies will get a reprieve as he’s injured (again) 

If the right offers arise, I imagine we’d listen to bids for El Ghazi and Luiz (for some reason) 

I also think we’ll still bring in at least two players. 

definitely a centre half and maybe an additional versatile midfielder. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

From Purslows interview I got the feeling we are done. But now I've analysed the situation.

Buendia done before the Euros (33-38m). That was spent no matter what. Bailey we've been negotiating for weeks before Jacks bid came in so that's definitely the ESR money (30m) 

I get the feeling only Ings transfer is using Jacks money (£25m). Ings himself says said it took like 2 days. Grealish Saga since Monday. 

I reckon we've got another 70-75m left to spend. Sell AEG (15m), Hourihane (4m) Wesley (Most likely to be loaned out). That could potentially 89-94m left. 

Nah. Purslow said we needed three players to make up what we lose with Jack; creativity, assists, goals, and so went about getting those three players in. It sounded like teams have been making enquiries for MONTHS that we have been batting away until finally city agree to pay the 100m release clause. They might have said they would be willing to pay weeks ago giving us time to prepare, by going all out for Buendia first of all. 

No way we have 90m left to spend.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Nah. Purslow said we needed three players to make up what we lose with Jack; creativity, assists, goals, and so went about getting those three players in. It sounded like teams have been making enquiries for MONTHS that we have been batting away until finally city agree to pay the 100m release clause. They might have said they would be willing to pay weeks ago giving us time to prepare, by going all out for Buendia first of all. 

No way we have 90m left to spend.  

Well if you think that they were planning on spending about that much to begin with it wouldn’t surprised me if we had that much more.

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well if you think that they were planning on spending about that much to begin with it wouldn’t surprised me if we had that much more.

We’ve spent, what, 85m on the three signings so far? Give or take a couple of mill. Not to mention their wages and also the wages for Young as well. 

There really can’t be that much more going on in terms of incoming. If there is then great. But I suspect there won’t be. 

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I think we’ll see a few outgoings sanctioned now - with the likes of Wesley and Hourihane moved on. 

Davies will get a reprieve as he’s injured (again) 

If the right offers arise, I imagine we’d listen to bids for El Ghazi and Luiz (for some reason) 

I also think we’ll still bring in at least two players. 

definitely a centre half and maybe an additional versatile midfielder. 

I get this vibe too. Idk, for instance if they could turn a profit on him.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

We’ve spent, what, 85m on the three signings so far? Give or take a couple of mill. Not to mention their wages and also the wages for Young as well. 

There really can’t be that much more going on in terms of incoming. If there is then great. But I suspect there won’t be. 

No but samatta, engles, Elmo, taylor, gone. I’d say hourihane, Wes, Trez wilL probably go too. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

Doesn't Jacks fee leave us 15 mill in profit? Or -15 mill net spend this window?

But yeah, doesn't mean we should go doing stupid business either.

5 minutes ago, burchy said:

Wasn’t his last season, his highest stats wise, at RW predominantly though?

RW 21 games 8 goals 6 assists

LW 11 games 6 goals 5 assists

So actually stats wise more goal involvement per game LW

• Like 2