Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

I think we’ll stick with our midfield for now, especially given the comments made by McGinn in his recent interview, saying he’s over his injuries and fitter than ever.

We do need an extra DCM though, someone who can progress the ball forward better than Luiz or Nakamba, I think that would really help our back four. 

We also do need a new LW/ACM too. I know at a push Young and El Ghazi can play there but we need a Bailey equivalent on the left, an Nkunku, Kamada, Cherki level player. I’m not sure Cantwell is that player though.

If we could get these two players in I think we’d be guaranteed European football. 

Also did anyone else read the Grealish statement and the just go ‘Oh F&£@ Off’ out loud?

The king is dead, long live the king and all that. UTV

Yeah, my immediate first thought was he obviously didn't write it. Jack's a simple bloke and it was just too crafted. Didn't sound like him, which is one more reason to find the whole thing puke-worthy. He now has 'people' to drive him places, write statements for him and wipe his arse.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Yeah, my immediate first thought was he obviously didn't write it. Jack's a simple bloke and it was just too crafted. Didn't sound like him, which is one more reason to find the whole thing puke-worthy. He now has 'people' to drive him places, write statements for him and wipe his arse.

If he wipes his arse like he drives his car then its for the best 

• Haha 1

We will definitely sign a GK, a centre half and a centre midfielder. I am 100% certain of this fact (please ignore the fact that I said I was 100% certain that Jack was staying 😂). I am due one to be fair. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Ashley Preece (B’ham Mail) and Dan Bardell are 100% sure we are definitely not done in the market.

Oh bollox.  I thought Purslow was just being canny.  Oh well. 

Just now, AVFCforever1991 said:

Him mentioning those players I get the impression we're done, JWP needs to be the main target next summer 

Those players were bought to mitigate the loss of Grealish. What about the glaring holes in the other parts of the team? We aren't done.

I think some room will be left to bring some of the highly rated youngsters through too from what Purslow said.

So is the Midfield slot being left open to Chukweumba maybe? We do have him Ramsey, Luiz, Sanson, McGinn, Nakamba & Hourihane all vying for central / DM roles afterall.

I can see Tuanzebe coming in for defence however and another keeper.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I was also getting “we are done” vibes but I really hope not. CM is still tremendously weak. 

He was definitely talking about in relation to our forward line, and replacing his qualities. Not an indication of anything else, and in truth, if you look at our forward line now, it's pretty tasty, goals and skill all across it.

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

We will definitely sign a GK, a centre half and a centre midfielder. I am 100% certain of this fact (please ignore the fact that I said I was 100% certain that Jack was staying 😂). I am due one to be fair. 

I think GK and CB but not CM this window.

For some reason we're allergic to a proper CDM.

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Bailey 90 games for Bayer at LW vs 41 at RW

Yep, I’ve got us setting up with Bailey on the left, Emi on the right, Ollie up top and Ings playing slightly withdrawn behind him but close, like Barkley was last year. 

We’ll bring in more competition in midfield, then Axel seems inevitable as CB cover. Maybe one starting quality DM (whoever that is) then could see us going back to Metz for Pape Matar Sarr. 

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I was also getting “we are done” vibes but I really hope not. CM is still tremendously weak. 

Honestly didn’t get that vibe, just that those three have the abilities to cover the loss of Grealish (and a hell of a lot more different qualities too in my opinion). Doesn’t mean there won’t be other players in different positions...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Naka, Luiz, McGinn, Sanson. Also want to develop Ramsey and Chukwuemeka. I wouldn’t say it tremendously weak. But maybe 1 more established CM. I want to see Ramsey and Chukwuemeka develop though. They can only do that with minutes. What is the point of developing the academy, if there is no room for opportunity.

I think Hourihane needs to be moved on. Love him for his left peg and Championship but best for both parties. I think he’ll want to go too. Just think his overall presence and athleticism is too weak for prem.

• Like 4