Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

15 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Let’s get Ward-Prowse and Cantwell over the line, plus a loan deal for a CB. We have addressed the main challenges we had when we didn’t have Grealish last season, now let’s address the issues we had with teams bossing our midfield.

I’m torn on project players (Cantwell) signing this season. JWP I agree upon. I think we need to give these academy prospects opportunities to develop. We have a good core than can support as this happens. Need a CB though as I don’t think Bogarde as backup is ready just quite yet.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Absolutely no chance. The whole point about highlighting Buendia, Bailey and Ings being our replacements for Grealish is so other clubs don't fleece us when we're after other players.

It's 100% this.

Purslow is savvy enough to know there's no advantage in saying we now have £100m to go and spend.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wes said:

It's 100% this.

Purslow is savvy enough to know there's no advantage in saying we now have £100m to go and spend.

i guess we will see but im thinking this maybe the team we start with so see what happens.

18 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Purslow said we set out to sign three players, which we now have done… so don’t think there will be anymore incomings. Not sure how many more we should be adding anyway with the disruption caused by having to get players to gel etc. 

Seems absolute chaos at the moment. Things we rosy as hell a few weeks back. 

I've literally taken the opposite impression away from his video.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I've literally taken the opposite impression away from his video.

100%. The whole world knows we have £100m burning our back pockets. Purslow has just made them think we've already spent it. Works in our favour that way.

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Absolutely no chance. The whole point about highlighting Buendia, Bailey and Ings being our replacements for Grealish is so other clubs don't fleece us when we're after other players.

Anyone who cannot see this very obvious point you’ve made is being obtuse for the sake of it 

• Like 2