Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

What are you thinking mate, two more signings? Either another wide player or AM and a DM?

Suddenly looks a better squad than last season.

A CB of some sort whether that is a starter or back up who knows, midfield is loaded with average players right now feels where the imbalance of the team lies.

11 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

A CB of some sort whether that is a starter or back up who knows, midfield is loaded with average players right now feels where the imbalance of the team lies.

I think Tuanzebe is supposed to coming in on a loan.

9 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Hoping grealish off is announced early and then someone new in before end of the day.

Was disappointed and upset yesterday but feeling positive and excited today.

UTV

Yep I agree mate. It’s the end of an era, but that just means a new beginning. We’re Aston Villa and we’re bigger than any player.

UTFV!!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Hoping grealish off is announced early and then someone new in before end of the day.

Was disappointed and upset yesterday but feeling positive and excited today.

UTV

Totally agree. Not sure who this Grealish is that you mention but a new signing would be great. Midfield enforcer please Deano and Lange.

17 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Can see us struggling the first half of this year now. Even with new players incoming there's not much time to rework the team. I hope we spend sensibly and don't panic buy.

Same for a lot/most of teams but its down to each club to think about this and get the best start possible.  I suspect how we integrate the players into a system is already in progress.

Different AVFC these days.  Everything that can be done is being done I suspect.  Last few day's amazing and as a club,  how we have handled it.  10/10.  If Man City were people they would be these two,  they are now the thing they hated for 40 years.

image.png.e51389a6e2347089841be0cd081b3951.png

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wow. I'm ecstatic with our transfers in so far. I think you're going to be disappointed

Me too.  We've disagreed on a few things recently but I can't see how anyone can be disappointed with our attacking signings so far:

Emiliano Buendia - 236 matches, 41 goals, 56 assists
Leon Bailey - 233 matches, 54 goals, 47 assists
Danny Ings - 297 matches, 106 goals, 29 assists

For those struggling with the maths those three players have contributed 201 goals and 132 assists (so 333 goal contributions) in 766 matches or 0.43 goal contributions per match before you even look at the other 7 outfield players on the bench.  If you just take last season it is 43 goals, 32 assists in 114 matches or 0.66 goal contributions per match.  Even if you take the pessimistic view and say that Emi was playing in a lower division - his stats from the season before in terms of chances created were staggering.  Ollie made the step up last season and Emi has played at this level before.  So I would be very surprised if his goal contributions are not more similar to last season than the season before.  I think you can easily argue that all three are now playing in a better team and so are more likely to get more chances than before.

I would like to see a bit more steel in midfield now (assuming that AT is arriving on loan to add depth to our defensive line) because even though our front 4 all work and press hard, I am worried that McGinn, and Dougie might get over-run.  Would be an amazing summer if we ended up that one or both of them mainly started from the bench - especially considering the vast improvement ahead of them.