Jump to content

Summer transfer window 2021


zab6359
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Gonna be hard to get deals done with this huge fee after coming in, assuming now it's pay over the odds for proved premier players or its get value on high risk similar to bailey

I’d prefer us to take the “risks” as some say/believe.

There are so many talented players that could be bought for good value. Why overspend on “names” or PL based players?

You could sign 3-4 potential stars with potential world class talent. Rather than blow 100m on 2 British based “names”…

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Probably cost 35 plus but would love Oyarzabal from Sociedad. Thank would be an exceptional signing and still only 24 years old. Very hard I'm sure but just a thought.

I’d like us to show that kind of ambition.

We’ve signed Bailey after all… I doubt many people would have viewed that as a likely signing beforehand…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think our current needs are:

forward/striker, Attacking midfielder or winger, CM, Backup CB, and Backup Keeper. Not really bothered who we go with for the two backup spots but for the others where we should be investing I’d like to see:

 

Striker: Jonathan David

AM/Winger: Marcus Thuram/Darmsgaard/Mikel Oyarzabal

CM:JWP

The AM/Winger bracket is probably dreamland stuff, but we do have the cash so who knows. If we really want to try and make a statement, break the bank for Dani Olmo. 😄

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)

Short term: My concern is that we will potentially have a substantially new look midfield and forward line and that won’t necessarily gel over night. 

Cantwell would help having already forged a relationship with Buendia?
 

Medium/Long term: we should have a very good chance of building a very solid outfit with very good players. 
 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’d prefer us to take the “risks” as some say/believe.

There are so many talented players that could be bought for good value. Why overspend on “names” or PL based players?

You could sign 3-4 potential stars with potential world class talent. Rather than blow 100m on 2 British based “names”…

and me

i think the only position we need a sure fire hit can play in the opening game is a central midfielder

the other positions such as another wide man, striker, CB etc i think we can take risks with as they'll only be back ups

id love it if we unearthed the next konsa 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I am thinking he would cost a lot more than £35m though.

I think so as well. I’d think closer to 50m. Great young player and usually Sociedad players are very loyal to the club, so it’s tougher to convince them to leave. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I am thinking he would cost a lot more than £35m though.

€75million release clause, host of CL clubs interested. Not happening.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Judging from the remaining players we’ve been linked with, I’d be happy if there wasn’t anymore signings. 
 

unless others come to light. 
 

a no for JWP at the price it takes to get him. 

no for Tammy, great player, but too good for back up and not good enough to dislodge Ollie

Axel, maybe as back up, but not been convinced with his Man U performances 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Judging from the remaining players we’ve been linked with, I’d be happy if there wasn’t anymore signings. 
 

unless others come to light. 
 

a no for JWP at the price it takes to get him. 

no for Tammy, great player, but too good for back up and not good enough to dislodge Ollie

Axel, maybe as back up, but not been convinced with his Man U performances 

Agree on all accounts. I will say I’m sure we have a “list” prepared to replace him of which some of the names probably hasn’t come to light yet. I’d be disappointed if we didn’t as like you I don’t believe they are worth the money that they would be asking for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I look at it like this:

  • If Jack leaves, we already have his replacement signed in Buendia, who is less injury prone and is statistically better at everything but drawing fouls. 
  • We have 100 million to further strengthen the squad this summer and in January, and my gut feeling is that we're going to be targeting a caliber of player that will turn heads, not just the obvious links.
  • Our youth teams have a number of quality players coming through in the next few years who are arguably better than the last crop of youth players that started to break through under Houllier/McLeish.  Will not only be good for our first team but also our turnover from selling on the ones we don't think are good enough.
  • Football is about money now.  Clubs that generate the most can also spend the most and every club but Man City, Barca, & Madrid are selling clubs nowadays.   Selling Jack and reinvesting correctly will set us up nicely for 3-4 seasons from now.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I look at it like this:

  • If Jack leaves, we already have his replacement signed in Buendia, who is less injury prone and is statistically better at everything but drawing fouls. 
  • We have 100 million to further strengthen the squad this summer and in January, and my gut feeling is that we're going to be targeting a caliber of player that will turn heads, not just the obvious links.
  • Our youth teams have a number of quality players coming through in the next few years who are arguably better than the last crop of youth players that started to break through under Houllier/McLeish.  Will not only be good for our first team but also our turnover from selling on the ones we don't think are good enough.
  • Football is about money now.  Clubs that generate the most can also spend the most and every club but Man City, Barca, & Madrid are selling clubs nowadays.   Selling Jack and reinvesting correctly will set us up nicely for 3-4 seasons from now.

You can't really say that when those stats being compared in different leagues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

I think our current needs are:

forward/striker, Attacking midfielder or winger, CM, Backup CB, and Backup Keeper. Not really bothered who we go with for the two backup spots but for the others where we should be investing I’d like to see:

 

Striker: Jonathan David

AM/Winger: Marcus Thuram/Darmsgaard/Mikel Oyarzabal

CM:JWP

The AM/Winger bracket is probably dreamland stuff, but we do have the cash so who knows. If we really want to try and make a statement, break the bank for Dani Olmo. 😄

 

Dani Olmo yes please

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â