Jump to content

Summer transfer window 2021


zab6359
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Just looking through players still without a club this window and wondering what people think about David Luiz? He could play the DM / back-up CB role quite well if he's settled in England and knows he's not coming in with a guarantee to start.

I know I'm opening myself up to GIFs of Sideshow Bob and lots of different ways of saying it's an awful idea but I'm curious nonetheless.

The same David Luiz who mysteriously got several contracts at top four clubs as a ball playing centre back, that frequently proved he was better at giving the ball away than passing it to a team mate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Just looking through players still without a club this window and wondering what people think about David Luiz? He could play the DM / back-up CB role quite well if he's settled in England and knows he's not coming in with a guarantee to start.

I know I'm opening myself up to GIFs of Sideshow Bob and lots of different ways of saying it's an awful idea but I'm curious nonetheless.

He’s a complete Ahole 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

If we end up with a pretty big hole to fill on our attacking left side in the next few days, I would love us to bid for Allan Saint-Maximin.  The state Newcastle are in, I’m sure they’d be tempted if a sizeable offer was made.

Pedro Neto would have been a good option also but believe he’s still recovering from his terrible knee cap injury and not training yet.

I too am worried about how we would replace Hourihane if we lost him.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Just looking through players still without a club this window and wondering what people think about David Luiz? He could play the DM / back-up CB role quite well if he's settled in England and knows he's not coming in with a guarantee to start.

I know I'm opening myself up to GIFs of Sideshow Bob and lots of different ways of saying it's an awful idea but I'm curious nonetheless.

He would be a liability in my indoor football team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Not sure how true but it’s one I welcome. Heard that Tuanzebe is joining us on a loan with a view to buy. 

Lazy made up bollocks done every window because played for us before. I thought the more realistic rumour lately was Bruce wants him again but with Newcastle. Think they've given up pushing Tuanzebe back to Villa

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lazy made up bollocks done every window because played for us before. I thought the more realistic rumour lately was Bruce wants him again but with Newcastle. Think they've given up pushing Tuanzebe back to Villa

Have to agree, as much as I would love him at the club, he’s not going to go to a club as back up, although he’s good enough to push for a starting position, but the club is not going to stunt the development of Konsa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Have to agree, as much as I would love him at the club, he’s not going to go to a club as back up, although he’s good enough to push for a starting position, but the club is not going to stunt the development of Konsa.

The guy is a sick note. Unavailable for 47 matches last 2 seasons with ankle, thigh muscle, and hip injuries. 

Edited by Kiwivillan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

The guy is a sick note. Unavailable for 47 matches last 2 seasons with ankle, thigh muscle, and hip injuries. 

I’m focussed on the player and he’s a very good player, sometimes it’s having a good medical staff to modify his training to get the best out of the him and consistently playing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I’m focussed on the player and he’s a very good player, sometimes it’s having a good medical staff to modify his training to get the best out of the him and consistently playing.

I thought he was at Manure not Dog and Duck FC

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/07/2021 at 21:04, TRO said:

yes you have.

He doesn't share this view imo.....but I guess we will just have to wear it....If he can improve us by not addressing what we are suggesting, I will take my hat off to him.

The problem is, when we play and can clearly see the issue, its hard to keep stumm.

To quote a similarity, its like Man City playing with a false 9 ......would they not be more likely to meet their targets with a Kane,Haarland or Lewandowski. Pepe is the best around, but his team can still be improved....the type of players they have just mask the false 9, just like Jacks ability masks our issues( to a degree) in centre midfield, when he's out, it gets exposed more.

 

The DM thing is clear really, he wants a DM who is a playmaker 1st, someone who will sit in front of the defence and start the attacks. When he first joined it was Hourihane and he reluctantly switched to Whelan when it wasn't working but was clearly desperate to put him back in for his passing. Its why he always wants to play Luiz instead of Nakamba until his form got so bad he had no choice but to drop him.

I think most teams have to decide if they want one type or the other, the players adept at both are the most saught after players in football a lot of the time, and for Dean he would sacrifice the defensive side for the playmaker side.

I hope we find a player that can do both and sign them, although I fear the only real options are either spending £50m+ or bringing in a "project" player who could be that guy in a few years, or have Luiz work on improving the defensive part of his game. He is so young with so much potential and if he can realise it we'll genuinely have a star on our hands in that role. Maybe that's the master plan in the next few years?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought he was at Manure not Dog and Duck FC

Just because it’s Manure, doesn’t mean they have the answers, sometimes it’s getting external specialists in who have the experience, sport science to provide a solution.

Theres thousands of players across different sports who have had injury problems and had those issues solved by external specialists modifying their training and gone on to have long careers.

Football is more than reading a statistic sheet…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Just because it’s Manure, doesn’t mean they have the answers, sometimes it’s getting external specialists in who have the experience, sport science to provide a solution.

Theres thousands of players across different sports who have had injury problems and had those issues solved by external specialists modifying their training and gone on to have long careers.

Football is more than reading a statistic sheet…

Seem to remember Mings having huge fitness problems before joining us. We fixed him up pretty well. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could Tuanzebe be brought in as a "project" player as noted above by weedman for the defensive midfield role? Seem to remember him being rather composed on the ball, appreciate the links with him are probs bullshit and his injury record ain't great but just a thought...

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Rossco76 said:

Could Tuanzebe be brought in as a "project" player as noted above by weedman for the defensive midfield role? Seem to remember him being rather composed on the ball, appreciate the links with him are probs bullshit and his injury record ain't great but just a thought...

The injury record bit is a massive concern. He could be great or he could be another glass legged defender like Micah Richards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Awol said:

Seem to remember Mings having huge fitness problems before joining us. We fixed him up pretty well. 

Good point and worth remembering. Mings was the last "little Villa are getting mugged" story we had to endure, with Bournemouth fans and the usual sports media laughing at us, oh how they laughed.

Not laughing as much nowadays are they.



 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â