Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I'm not saying we are in for him or anything but I've just seen Southampton are playing tonight, and Ward Prowse travelled with the squad but isn't playing or on the bench.

That's a strange one.

Edit - nevermind he's just been confirmed as having a knock 😂

Edited by RichiBoi11

My mate at work today (also a Villa fan) told me that we had been linked with a move for Anthony Martial from Utd this morning.

I have to say I haven't seen a single thing connecting him since I returned home-I expected to find this thread buzzing with gossip.  Did I miss something or is it pure nonsense based only on the fact that they have signed Sancho?

Edited by claretman
I've found the link-looks like rubbish as expected.

5 hours ago, thunderball said:

I have to say this transfer window is as of today ugly. Twitter is an absolute cesspool these days - the so called fans piling in/begging/bad mouthing other fans bases around transfers and some of the braini-dead arguments is embarrasing and Villa fans are amongst the worst as as bad as any I can see these days.

I think I am just going to keep away until after the window shuts.

Hate to break it to you but as far as Twitter goes it's a regular month.

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

If we end up with a pretty big hole to fill on our attacking left side in the next few days, I would love us to bid for Allan Saint-Maximin.  The state Newcastle are in, I’m sure they’d be tempted if a sizeable offer was made.

Pedro Neto would have been a good option also but believe he’s still recovering from his terrible knee cap injury and not training yet.

We already have traore, having 2 50/50 players is not going to move us forwards. 50% Ronaldinho 50% ronald Mcdonald both of them. Would be a disaster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, claretman said:

My mate at work today (also a Villa fan) told me that we had been linked with a move for Anthony Martial from Utd this morning.

I have to say I haven't seen a single thing connecting him since I returned home-I expected to find this thread buzzing with gossip.  Did I miss something or is it pure nonsense based only on the fact that they have signed Sancho?

Yes, us amongst several other PL team s are “linked”, Ivread that this morning too but think that means very little in this day and age, I certainly haven’t seen it elsewhere since. Quality player, but not sure he is any better off here than there really? 

watched the Villa TV training clips and Ollie is banging them in left right and centre, think he’s up for a big season this time.

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Yes, us amongst several other PL team s are “linked”, Ivread that this morning too but think that means very little in this day and age, I certainly haven’t seen it elsewhere since. Quality player, but not sure he is any better off here than there really? 

watched the Villa TV training clips and Ollie is banging them in left right and centre, think he’s up for a big season this time.

I don't see who he'd gets in ahead of if Jack, Buendia and Ollie are fit, particularly if Bailey comes in.  I think he's decent but his body language indicated he was disinterested last season.

It does show how far we've come in the last couple of years though to even be linked with the likes of Martial and Bailey.

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

If we end up with a pretty big hole to fill on our attacking left side in the next few days, I would love us to bid for Allan Saint-Maximin.  The state Newcastle are in, I’m sure they’d be tempted if a sizeable offer was made.

Pedro Neto would have been a good option also but believe he’s still recovering from his terrible knee cap injury and not training yet.

Would like either of those tbh.

Jaysus. martial and Wesley. Grumpiest looking striking partnership in football history. Just need to re-sign ayew to complete the set

Edited by TheMelvillan
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

Jaysus. martial and Wesley. Grumpiest looking striking partnership in football history

Nah, Palace has that one won with Zaha and Ayew

• Like 2

Load of shite. Tell him off tomorrow.

Just looking through players still without a club this window and wondering what people think about David Luiz? He could play the DM / back-up CB role quite well if he's settled in England and knows he's not coming in with a guarantee to start.

I know I'm opening myself up to GIFs of Sideshow Bob and lots of different ways of saying it's an awful idea but I'm curious nonetheless.

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Just looking through players still without a club this window and wondering what people think about David Luiz? He could play the DM / back-up CB role quite well if he's settled in England and knows he's not coming in with a guarantee to start.

I know I'm opening myself up to GIFs of Sideshow Bob and lots of different ways of saying it's an awful idea but I'm curious nonetheless.

Never ever, ever.

Ever.

Never.

Ever.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I remember my first drink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Rather play Douglas Luiz at CB and by rather I mean not at all

11 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Rather have Phil Jones and I don’t want Phil Jones … 

19 minutes ago, skarroki said:

The same David Luiz who mysteriously got several contracts at top four clubs as a ball playing centre back, that frequently proved he was better at giving the ball away than passing it to a team mate?