Jump to content

Summer transfer window 2021


zab6359
 Share

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I remember when Hughes was at Derby he was linked with us every single transfer window.

I'd like to think we have moved on and progressed as a club since then.

Were capable of landing bigger and better fish now.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/07/2021 at 11:08, villalad21 said:

Super confident Watkins won't pick up an injury so I am probably more confident regarding the striker situation than most on here.

If your super confident of that is because you've completely booked yourself into a padded room and lost your marble's mate 😂

You can't tell that Watkins isn't going to be out and he's going to play all season long. Let's face it as well it's not healthy playing one player in that position all season long, have you never heard of player rotation, rest, Injury, Sickness and more.

There is nothing wrong at all with having another quality backup to Watkins and planning ahead and in the best way we can would be to bring a player like Tammy in on a Loan to buy deal.

At least if we did that we could invest the rest of the cash in the midfield.

What I find absolutely crazy about some on here is that your fine with adding multiple quality players to all other areas/positions but not the Center Forward one. It's a position where we can score most goals from in a season and people go Nah it will be fine just use our crap Backups.

Last season highlighted how easy a season can be lost and any progress can not only be halted but start to go backward and it did for us. Grealish got injured and our European hopes faded fast, maybe if we had of picked Buendia up in that last window we would of made Europe, we didn't though. People seem fine adding quality elsewhere but again if the Grealish situation taught us anything is that one injury can derail it all, so why risk it?? Watkins will be a similar season to the Jack situation if it pops up. Watkins gets put out and we've lost the season because we can't score and it's football you need to score in football, our other positions scoring simply wont be enough. Watkins is a disaster waiting to happen and to sort it out all we need to do is fetch another quality Center Forward in.

You either plan for the worst or risk it and go with what you got. Alot of time will be wasted if we don't make adjustments by bringing in a capable alternative to Watkins. I understand some of you feel that some clubs don't have quality second back ups but does that really need to be us as well. We've been bucking many trends and doing things a different way compared to other clubs. These clubs who don't have a quality backup as Centre forward they may struggle to carry on scoring in games yet that doesn't need to be us.

Sometimes a club has to be the start of change and you can bet assured if we were to buy a quality second backup and we were successful and it paid up, there'd be other clubs that follow suit.

I'd suggest there are many reasons to have a quality back up, look at the horror Injurys happening to people now. Players are being more reckless against attackers out of desperation and will to win as well as tactical fouls. One wrong move on Watkins and it could be a career changing injury and one that sees Watkins out for a while. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

If your super confident of that is because you've completely booked yourself into a padded room and lost your marble's mate 😂

You can't tell that Watkins isn't going to be out and he's going to play all season long. Let's face it as well it's not healthy playing one player in that position all season long, have you never heard of player rotation, rest, Injury, Sickness and more.

There is nothing wrong at all with having another quality backup to Watkins and planning ahead and in the best way we can would be to bring a player like Tammy in on a Loan to buy deal.

At least if we did that we could invest the rest of the cash in the midfield.

What I find absolutely crazy about some on here is that your fine with adding multiple quality players to all other areas/positions but not the Center Forward one. It's a position where we can score most goals from in a season and people go Nah it will be fine just use our crap Backups.

Last season highlighted how easy a season can be lost and any progress can not only be halted but start to go backward and it did for us. Grealish got injured and our European hopes faded fast, maybe if we had of picked Buendia up in that last window we would of made Europe, we didn't though. People seem fine adding quality elsewhere but again if the Grealish situation taught us anything is that one injury can derail it all, so why risk it?? Watkins will be a similar season to the Jack situation if it pops up. Watkins gets put out and we've lost the season because we can't score and it's football you need to score in football, our other positions scoring simply wont be enough. Watkins is a disaster waiting to happen and to sort it out all we need to do is fetch another quality Center Forward in.

You either plan for the worst or risk it and go with what you got. Alot of time will be wasted if we don't make adjustments by bringing in a capable alternative to Watkins. I understand some of you feel that some clubs don't have quality second back ups but does that really need to be us as well. We've been bucking many trends and doing things a different way compared to other clubs. These clubs who don't have a quality backup as Centre forward they may struggle to carry on scoring in games yet that doesn't need to be us.

Sometimes a club has to be the start of change and you can bet assured if we were to buy a quality second backup and we were successful and it paid up, there'd be other clubs that follow suit.

I'd suggest there are many reasons to have a quality back up, look at the horror Injurys happening to people now. Players are being more reckless against attackers out of desperation and will to win as well as tactical fouls. One wrong move on Watkins and it could be a career changing injury and one that sees Watkins out for a while. 

Want to make a bet whether Watkins is getting an injury or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking on the Watford forum they seem to think he's turned down a contract with them because he doesn't want to accept a clause that would mean a drop in wages if they get relegated. Not sure if that has any basis in the facts of the case but if so it shows that he doesn't have much faith in them staying up this season approaching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, villalad21 said:

Want to make a bet whether Watkins is getting an injury or not?

I don't bet period.

Nothing is certain of Watkins not being injured.

But I certainly wouldn't risk a whole season on it by Keeping Wesley and Davis as his backups.

Do you believe that they can pick the mantle up of Watkins goes down for any reason?

Like I said it's not healthy to play him all season but you think he just be burnt into the ground which is what will happen, it happened last season. He looked ever so tired leading upto half way season done, he need some decent rest. When your body is tired and under stress when your tired along with your body it's proven that risk to injury is higher.

There are lots of reasons why it would be wise to have another decent center forward at Villa.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't bet period.

Nothing is certain of Watkins not being injured.

But I certainly wouldn't risk a whole season on it by Keeping Wesley and Davis as his backups.

Do you believe that they can pick the mantle up of Watkins goes down for any reason?

Like I said it's not healthy to play him all season but you think he just be burnt into the ground which is what will happen, it happened last season. He looked ever so tired leading upto half way season done, he need some decent rest. When your body is tired and under stress when your tired along with your body it's proven that risk to injury is higher.

There are lots of reasons why it would be wise to have another decent center forward at Villa.

"I shouldn't go swimming because i might get attacked by a shark."

Your argument is stupid. 

Playing around extreme unlikeliness

If he were a injury prone player there might be a debate to be had. But he's got zero injuries in his professional career. Zero. You think that is a coincident? It isn't. It's damn good genetics. 

As for Watkins playing every game? Absolutely. I've got no issues with that. 

We're not even in Europe. He is used to a lot more games in the lower leagues. We're talking 46 league games. Domestic cup games. Play off games. 

 

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see some would prefer McNeil over Bailey, it's a bad mad considering McNeil only plays the LW and LM positions but bailey can Cover LW,RW and CF. I do like McNeil, he's a quick one but if we're not going for Bailey I would much prefer us to bring Pereira in who can also cover LW,RW and attacking Midfield.

It's a tough call if we are not going for Bailey that who out of McNeil or Pereira would I prefer as I like both players. I just think Pereira may nick it on versatility, we have more options available and we would need another winger for the right if Buendia is going to play as CAM and Jack left. Pereira could be brought in for an attacking midfield role anyway. He's a nippy little bugger who's got good passing and does for West brom what Jack does for our lads because he seems to be a motivational player where other players rally to him. 

 

I think we have options with Pereira

Grealish-Pereira-Buendia

 

Buendia-Grealish-Pereira

             

               Watkins

Grealish-Pereira-Traore

               Buendia

            Luiz/Nakamba

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I'm happy not bringing in a back up striker if it means we strengthen the areas of the first team that need strengthening. By this I mean central midfield and out wide.

I'm happy with Watkins as our main striker and Davis as back up. Personally, I'd loan Wesley out. He needs games to get back to some sort of level where he can either be a back up here or we can sell him in January or the Summer. 

Davis isn't a goalscorer, we know that, but if we surround him with quality and players that can - Buendia, Bailey, Grealish etc. I have no problem with him coming in and playing 5-7 league games this season if he has to. He's a better player than Wesley. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

"I shouldn't go swimming because i might get attacked by a shark."

Your argument is stupid. 

Playing around extreme unlikeliness

If he were a injury prone player there might be a debate to be had. But he's got zero injuries in his professional career. Zero. You think that is a coincident? It isn't. It's damn good genetics. 

As for Watkins playing every game? Absolutely. I've got no issues with that. 

We're not even in Europe. He is used to a lot more games in the lower leagues. We're talking 46 league games. Domestic cup games. Play off games. 

 

are you seriously comparing the odds of being attacked by a shark to the odds of a professional footballer getting an injury?

every player has zero injuries, until they get their first. it will happen. genetics or not, it takes 1 crunching tackle. wesley had very few and very minor injuries before he was done by ben mee.

zero injuries at the age of 25 is very, very lucky

so i'll take that bet. chances are it's happening at some point. how much? loser makes a contribution to AVFC foundation or something?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wanted Hughes before he went to Watford but I do feel we've outgrown him a little but if Dean wants him I'll be happy with that. 

Again with Cahill - 1 year deal then enters our coaching set up I'd think that's decent business. 

Signing Hughes and Cahill together screams midtable though. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

"I shouldn't go swimming because i might get attacked by a shark."

Your argument is stupid. 

Playing around extreme unlikeliness

If he were a injury prone player there might be a debate to be had. But he's got zero injuries in his professional career. Zero. You think that is a coincident? It isn't. It's damn good genetics. 

As for Watkins playing every game? Absolutely. I've got no issues with that. 

We're not even in Europe. He is used to a lot more games in the lower leagues. We're talking 46 league games. Domestic cup games. Play off games. 

 

Daft as a brush.

You know there's other people on the pitch with him? 

Ben Mee could go through him, Troy Deeney's elbow could break his nose week one and give him concussion.

Saying 100% Watkins won't get an injury because he hasn't before is nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

I imagine that’s errors leading to goals. 

Sure, but if your errors leading to goals = 0, how the hell can you be 69th centile for 'errors'?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Want to make a bet whether Watkins is getting an injury or not?

Yes I’ll bet you £50 million because that is probably the difference between a good season and finishing in the European spots or an average even flirting with relegation season. That is the bet or risk we take without adequate cover for Ollie. 
 

I haven’t got £50m and I guess you haven’t either, but the club have and I’d bet that they wouldn’t  be willing to take that bet, because that would be at the very least reckless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

"I shouldn't go swimming because i might get attacked by a shark."

Your argument is stupid. 

Playing around extreme unlikeliness

If he were a injury prone player there might be a debate to be had. But he's got zero injuries in his professional career. Zero. You think that is a coincident? It isn't. It's damn good genetics. 

As for Watkins playing every game? Absolutely. I've got no issues with that. 

We're not even in Europe. He is used to a lot more games in the lower leagues. We're talking 46 league games. Domestic cup games. Play off games. 

 

Well would you go swimming in water where there are sharks, you whole point is stupid lol.

I can Guarantee the moment Watkins gets injured you will be the first to start hammering away and complaining on here VillaLad and questioning why we didn't plan for this and you would aim it all at Smith becaus eyou loved to do exactly that.

Playing games Inthe championship and the premier are completely different, the premiere is a fair step up from the championship and isn't as energy consuming as the premier is.

Your whole arguement is just go with two shit backups and trust them even though it's in front of your eyes that they are no good for where we want to be, but hey let's just let them jump into a game if Watkins is out for any reason.

There is also no reason as to why we can't have to quality Center Forwards making there mark and changing it up during a season. You think Smith wouldn't like the option of having two quality CF's, you must be daft if you think that. Having two X CF's increases our tactical edge, even if they are not to be played both at the same time. We seen Smith last season change the game up often to incorporate a second forward, we are actually using a second forward a fair bit so it makes sense even more to buy a second quality striker.

I don't know why you or a couple others keep sticking there head in the sand over not bringing another CF in. It's proper mad this thinking and it isn't just the idea in case Watkins is out for some chance, there is also much me and others keep explaining but it floats right over your heads.

Edited by Dave-R
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we go into the season with Davis as back up to Ollie, we're asking for trouble. Davis is a great hold up.player, but not a striker. And he never will be.

Buy one. Loan one. But definitely get one.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â