Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Still plenty of time to bring players in and not in the slightest bit concerned given how the club has been run these last 3 years.

For me we need the following, 

Back up keeper

RCB

DCM - (please be Bissouma!)

Winger

Striker

Anything on top would be a bonus but I think these positions are vital personally.

Yep, throw the majority of what we have left in the kitty at the DCM position and get in Alverez, or similar, to fill the Striker/ winger role. Loan in a back up keeper and a CB if funds don't stretch to buying.

Better for the club to bide their time and get their first choice targets rather than just rush and go for what’s available now. I suspect the links we’ve all been reading about aren’t the first choice targets.

1 minute ago, El-Reacho said:

Better for the club to bide their time and get their first choice targets rather than just rush and go for what’s available now. I suspect the links we’ve all been reading about aren’t the first choice targets.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

There’s quite a fascination with Bissouma but is he all that? 
The likes of Sangare, Zakaria, Anguissa or Kamara would all be better value and maybe offer/contribute more. I think it’s just because the spotlight was on him and people like Carragher bigged him up…

Yes, stats aren’t the be all and end all, but this isn’t incredibly impressively. He’s a good DM but he is really  worth  around 50m?

spacer.png

Check out the other guys: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kamara (only 21 and can play CB too):

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

The likes of Sangare, Zakaria, Anguissa or Kamara would all be better value and maybe offer/contribute more. I think it’s just because the spotlight was on him and people like Carragher bigged him up…

Yes, stats aren’t the be all and end all, but this isn’t incredibly impressively. He’s a good DM but he is really  worth  around 50m?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I agree. I don't see the fuss with him. He's tidy and I would prefer him to some of our current options but he's not really a CDM. More like an industrious CM.

25 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

50 million is over valued compared to other options by some distance.

1 hour ago, picicata said:

Yep, throw the majority of what we have left in the kitty at the DCM position and get in Alverez, or similar, to fill the Striker/ winger role. Loan in a back up keeper and a CB if funds don't stretch to buying.

Loaning back ups doesn’t really work. If a player comes on loan it is usually because he and his club want him to get plenty of games. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Still plenty of time to bring players in and not in the slightest bit concerned given how the club has been run these last 3 years.

Back up keeper

RCB

Winger

Striker

Anything on top would be a bonus but I think these positions are vital personally.

That would be a lot of business in the time remaining.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Super confident Watkins won't pick up an injury so I am probably more confident regarding the striker situation than most on here.

Well that’s great news.  While you’re at it what are the winning lottery numbers for next week? 

1 hour ago, picicata said:

I would do this:

If we've already bid 30 mill for Bailey if media is correct and it was rejected then sell Ghazi, get another 10-15mill and add that on top of it all,that's that deal done..

So that way next season we have Jack-Buendia-Bailey for next season with Watkins in front of them. Then go get Tammy on a Loan to buy that way were not spending our budget and a deal can be nicely figured out for a quality striker to aid Watkins without spending all or some of the budget this window. if he works for us great if not we send back to Chelsea but we have been smart about it and not risked anything major. Making a loan to buy deal for Tammy if there's truth that Chelsea wouldn't mind going that way with Tammy then helps us refocus any money left over towards midfielders.

We have to without a doubt bring a solid back up to Watkins in. Because of our midfield problem it's either focus in both areas splitting up funding into midfield and forward areas. Like I said above if we do what I mentioned above where we focus all the rest of the windows funding on finding capable midfielders all because we did a loan to buy deal for a Centre Forward, then the squads much better off.

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I don’t suppose we’ve just been sitting around up until now. 

Being active doesn't mean you're going to get the bodies in, and doesn't mean we've been chasing realistic deals. If most of our activity has been aiming for the likes of ESR, well that's ambitious but doesn't bode well for success rate does it?

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Back up keeper

RCB

Winger

Striker

That is absolutely what we need but not sure we’ll see all of those. The RCB and Striker just need to be competent young players who can do a job. 

The DCM and the new winger/10 need to be where we spend the bulk of the money. Honestly, if we get those positions right, we’ll have a really exciting team. For example, if we got Bissouma and Bailey and Grealish managed to stay fit, I could see us finishing in the top 6 and pushing the top 4.

We’re constantly improving. We have great owners and now is the time to kick on and demote Arsenal and Spurs to mid table clubs and become a force again.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Dunno why, but I think we'll sign McNeil over Bailey. 

Very possible. Will need less time to adapt, which may be invaluable if we're targeting top 6 this season rather than next.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Well that’s great news.  While you’re at it what are the winning lottery numbers for next week? 

Watkins been winning the lottery numbers all his career so he'll just have to do it again.

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This wouldn’t be the end of the world. Younger, knows the league and puts a shift in. You know what you’re getting. 

I think Burnley will price us out of a move. They’d want 40m+ I think. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

But Mcneil operates on the left only where Bailey operates along the front line, if that's the case I'd rather us go get Pereira from the baggies who can at least operate both Wings and attacking midfield.

Edited by Dave-R