Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Why the sport on these, all the calling out drama, just wait and see? If we sign some Monday/Tuesday (or even Wed/Thur)is he legit? I am sure there will be plenty saying “its transfer window, there was a 50% chance were going to sign someone, I call BS”.

I have it on good authority that whispers looks like Jack Nicholson, hails from San Francisco and he's villa lad through and through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have nothing against the guys in question and I am very grateful to them all for the part they’ve played in our renaissance but if we could get decent coinage for McGinn, Conor and AEG then I would not be against selling any of them. None of them are at the required level now and although they could play a part still, if we could get a decent return to re-invest in younger players then we should do it. They are all so wasteful in possession and it drives me mad!

29 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Just like the dream I had where I fell in love with Lily James, and she reciprocated. Best few hours of my life.

Then you woke up and Daniel James was lying next to you

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He is 28, don’t know much about him but if he starts at PSG he has to be pretty handy. Does the profile fit what we are looking for or just someone being touted around the buying clubs as they want rid?

Assuming it's Thiago's younger brother Rafinha he has had a couple of bad knee injuries, his pedigree is excellent but whether he can deal with regular PL matches I'm not sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Just like the dream I had where I fell in love with Lily James, and she reciprocated. Best few hours of my life.

Ah you've had that dream too? I do hate waking up and realising it wasn't real though. Puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Palace rumoured to be in talks for both Ozan Kabak and Joachim Andersen after spending £20m on Marc Guehi. Would have taken any of those 3 as competition for Mings, Konsa and Hause.

Andersen would be good competition for sure, but would he go to Palace with a guaranteed first 11 spot, or to us for a backup and general competition?, probably Palace i would guess.......

• Like 1

so this is what im hoping for by the close of the window.

GK:

Martinez. NEW backup GK.

RB & LB:

Cash, Guilbert, Targett, Young.

CB :

Konsa, Mings, Hause, NEW.

DM/MCs:

NEW, Luiz, Sanson, McGinn, Nakamba, [various youth].

CAM/RW/LW:

NEW, Grealish, Buendia, Traore, El Ghazi, [various youth].

Striker:

Watkins, Wesley, [various youth].

Out (loan or sell):

Hourihane, Davis, [various youth].

i wonder if the GK and CB could be covered by a loan or freebie for a year?, then spend what we have on a 6 and 10 [or RW/LW, whatever], who knows.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

GK:

Martinez. NEW backup GK.

RB & LB:

CB :

DM/MCs:

CAM/RW/LW:

Striker:

Out (loan or sell):

i wonder if the GK and CB could be covered by a loan or freebie for a year?, then spend what we have on a 6 and 10 [or RW/LW, whatever], who knows.

I agree with all of this, except the striker position. Having Wesley and some youth options as backup for Watkins is very risky. Although I guess we do have Traore as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

GK:

Martinez. NEW backup GK.

RB & LB:

CB :

DM/MCs:

CAM/RW/LW:

Striker:

Out (loan or sell):

Trez?

Just now, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Trez?

he has a serious injury, i wouldnt be surprised if we dont see him this season, and if we do, he will probably be making a slow comeback like Wesley did.

Thats the only reason i omitted him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

GK:

Martinez. NEW backup GK.

RB & LB:

CB :

DM/MCs:

CAM/RW/LW:

Striker:

Out (loan or sell):

You’re happy with just Watkins and Wes basically? Surely that’s too big of a risk?

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

You’re happy with just Watkins and Wes basically? Surely that’s too big of a risk?

if you ask me this next summer, i might agree, but right now i personally feel we have more glaring issues elsewhere that needs investment.

Traore can play as a striker also if needed (maybe even keep Davis on the books), if the rest of the squad is better, it might not be such a huge issue, i do see your point ofc.......i just think there are things higher up the critical list right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

GK:

Martinez. NEW backup GK.

RB & LB:

CB :

DM/MCs:

CAM/RW/LW:

Striker:

Out (loan or sell):

Now I want a Various Youth kit. That dude is providing depth at just about every position and never gets any credit.

1 hour ago, Houseoftomorrow said:

Now I want a Various Youth kit. That dude is providing depth at just about every position and never gets any credit.

Would be a bit odd trying to explain why you have 'Various Youth' printed on your shirt. 😂😂😂

Edited by ismail-villa
  • Haha 4