Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

53 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

This is a good point: teams such as ourselves and particularly Everton are guilty of trying to break into the top six by buying players who were considered not good enough by top six clubs. If Daniel James is good enough to push us up to compete with the top six then united would be playing him week in week out.

This isn’t the way it works. Lingaard, James, Smalling etc would all strengthen us.

Man U weee close to throwing Shaw away too. 

These are good players.

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

This is a good point: teams such as ourselves and particularly Everton are guilty of trying to break into the top six by buying players who were considered not good enough by top six clubs. If Daniel James is good enough to push us up to compete with the top six then united would be playing him week in week out.

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I'm aware of how insane this is don't get me wrong and don't jump on me for dreaming a little bit.

Antoine Griezmann. Available for free but have to pay a considerable portion, or all of his wages, probably around £40m for a season. But the longer they wait the higher a % Barca will be willing to pay to get rid.

City not interested, talks for a swap with Atletico Madrid have fallen away. Juve not interested. There aren't many clubs that can afford it (We probably can't either), but (probably paper talk) allegedly offered to Spurs...

It would be madness, audacious, expensive and insane for us to even try....

Watkins

Grealish Griezmann Buendia

Though. Oof. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm aware of how insane this is don't get me wrong and don't jump on me for dreaming a little bit.

Antoine Griezmann. Available for free but have to pay a considerable portion, or all of his wages, probably around £40m for a season. But the longer they wait the higher a % Barca will be willing to pay to get rid.

City not interested, talks for a swap with Atletico Madrid have fallen away. Juve not interested. There aren't many clubs that can afford it (We probably can't either), but (probably paper talk) allegedly offered to Spurs...

It would be madness, audacious, expensive and insane for us to even try....

Watkins

Grealish Griezmann Buendia

Though. Oof. 

Yeah never happening. Don't beat yourself up. Maybe when we qualify for Europe. Thought he was a bit shite in Euros tbh

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

Conversely if we had loaned Jesse Lingard in Jan and he had performed for us as he did for West Ham then we would have finished top six last season and they would have been midtable.

I wouldn't mind Daniel James as a squad player but it's not the type of player we should be going after. He is too much of a one trick pony, he has got pace, but not much else, he is also weak and dwarfishly short and doesn't contribute much defensively. Perhaps he caught our eye in the friendly last season when he gave Cash a nightmare on his debut, James really ran Cash ragged in that game. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How does a proven bullshit ITK twitter account lead to pages of discussion? I guess this shows why they do it. 

That's not entirely accurate and you're wording is misleading. Please try to think before you type kind Sir.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How does a proven bullshit ITK twitter account lead to pages of discussion? I guess this shows why they do it. 

F all else happening might also be why. Unless one want's to join the was the Wes pass intentional discussion or marvel at how the Tammy thread is still open this is as good as it gets atm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

That's not entirely accurate and you're wording is misleading. Please try to think before you type kind Sir.

My apologies if there was another link. I thought it was just that whispers nonsense. 

• Haha 1