Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

In the interest of some discussion, here are players SmarterScout.com have as matching Konsas profile last season (with atleast 600 minutes of play and max age of 26)

Unlikely we'll sign another teams starter and some names are obvious no-gos, Militao, Diop and Zouma for example. Bornauw is about to move and Milenkovic is likely going to Juve.

But some names in here maybe

223EDAC6-9DDE-4CD2-B417-8DF76ED24007.jpeg

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

In the interest of some discussion, here are players SmarterScout.com have as matching Konsas profile last season (with atleast 600 minutes of play and max age of 26)

Unlikely we'll sign another teams starter and some names are obvious no-gos, Militao, Diop and Zouma for example. Bornauw is about to move and Milenkovic is likely going to Juve.

But some names in here maybe

223EDAC6-9DDE-4CD2-B417-8DF76ED24007.jpeg

Moukoudi we nearly had in the past but he didnt want to join as he felt he was too young

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Don’t like Sanches after a title winning season in France due to “resurrecting a career” but happy with Lingard who’s in exactly the same boat after a good season in England? 

1 goal and 3 assists from Sanches over the season, started 14 games and off the bench in 9 games. He has hardly set the world alight and would still be a risky move for his price tag. Granted it would be a statement signing, but a gamble nevertheless.

Lingard scored 9 goals with 4 assists in 16 games. He's a risk free bit of business who would slot straight into a PL team; he would suit our style of play perfectly.

I also think we have no chance of signing either.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

No to Sanches because resurrecting his career but Yes to Lingard because resurrecting his career?  Don’t understand mate

edit: PG5 beat me to it

Sanches in the process of resurrecting his career; his stats from his whole career so far are poor.

Lingard had a bad season with United, but he's proven it was a blip last season with West Ham. He's worth buying. Last season I wouldn't have touched him as he had become an unknown. 

Last season after January with Lingard in the team instead of Barkley we would have finished higher, no question about it.

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

1 goal and 3 assists from Sanches over the season, started 14 games and off the bench in 9 games. He has hardly set the world alight and would still be a risky move for his price tag. Granted it would be a statement signing, but a gamble nevertheless.

Lingard scored 9 goals with 4 assists in 16 games. He's a risk free bit of business who would slot straight into a PL team; he would suit our style of play perfectly.

I also think we have no chance of signing either.

Sanches was asked to be the foil for Bamba & Ikone so muted his attacking tendencies somewhat. He is ridiculous skilful and powerful and is a mix of seedorf and David’s - he’d walk into our midfield 

52 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We need someone now though…we only have 3 senior CBs…

I don’t think Brighton are going anywhere either. They play good football and are a well run club.

If they had a proper goal scorer last season they would’ve done much better.

Yep Brighton should be challenging to be in the top half this season, they have a lot of signings coming through that they have been loaning out the last few years that are under the radar and developing nicely, look at the value they got for Ben White, possibly Bissouma, guess that’s the way to play the money ball system, not that they need to as their owner is loaded too and loves the club. 

It's not like Lingard has ever produced anywhere near those numbers before.

I'd be very cautious about signing a soon to be 29 year old who was playing for his last top flight contract (whether moving or renewing) last year. Particularly when quite a few were ridiculous long range goals, which is unlikely to be repeated again 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's not like Lingard has ever produced anywhere near those numbers before.

I'd be very cautious about signing a soon to be 29 year old who was playing for his last top flight contract (whether moving or renewing) last year. Particularly when quite a few were ridiculous long range goals, which is unlikely to be repeated again 

I think it's telling that the one team that ever got anything good out of Lingard still weren't willing to pay the price Utd wanted.

12 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Davis is the only player I really have any doubt over but not to the degree of the players we’ve let go so far… the guy just doesn’t score goals though! But maybe he can contribute more with better players and service

And more time on the pitch?

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Sanches in the process of resurrecting his career; his stats from his whole career so far are poor.

Lingard had a bad season with United, but he's proven it was a blip last season with West Ham. He's worth buying. Last season I wouldn't have touched him as he had become an unknown. 

Last season after January with Lingard in the team instead of Barkley we would have finished higher, no question about it.

Lingard has had more than just a bad season with Utd, he's been bad for years and more interested in media profile and other activities.  5 months success doesnt convince me otherwise.  Yes he would've definitely improved us in the second half of last season no doubt but I still have doubts about long term or buying Lingard.  He's a talent no doubt but he doesnt have the committed attitude that we have nurtured at this club and that we have in this squad and thus for me I'm not convinced he should be someone we should be targeting.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 3