Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, beachboys1 said:

i think ashley young an acception  from how he performed in italy

Yes, I wasn’t including him in my thoughts as at least he’s been brought in for free, not on huge wages, bringing in experience on and off the field and he’s just won a title…

Wasn’t totally on board with it (never liked the guy after he left us) but I can see the merits and it’s not really costing us anything. I think he can contribute and bring a positive influence off the pitch… maybe help instil that winning mentality on our players…

19 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Thought I’d throw a few names out for CB suggestions (and to get this thread back on topic 😆).

Not familiar with many of these but maybe some will stick out to a few of us here:

Ahmedhodzic

Botman 

Cristian Romero (stats are amazing, plays for Atalanta, likely to be expensive)

Simikan 

Tapsoba (impressive stats)

Van de Ven

Stergiou 

Kabak (interesting, had PL experience…)

Todibo

Eduardo Quaresma

Carmo

Simikan just signed for Leipzig and Todibo for Nice, we probably have little chance of getting Botman and zero chance of getting Romero

On 17/07/2021 at 12:11, Knutserov13 said:

Swedish media reckons a PL club has come in for Jens Cajuste, he was all set for Rennes. Could be us, Lange would know all about him from his time in Denmark. Maybe one for the future though. Price somewhere between 10-15 m£ I guess.

His current club has the same owner as Brentford, probably thats where he will go

18 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Honestly, I don’t get some of the suggestions from some of our fans.

In one area you have all the nostalgia junkies who want Benteke, Snodgrass, Albrighton etc. small time, backwards mentality that would get us nowhere expect closer to the relegation zone…

Then you have the ones that suggest we are some kind of care home or rehabilitation centre, overlooking our past difficulties and grievances with such players… it’s not up to us to take on overrated, overpaid players who have lost their mojo or simply shown they are crap.

If we really want to become a successful club, we should get away from that kind of thinking. We’ll go out, scout and find the best talent that best fit with the club (both in terms of ability and personality, also potential and value)…

And get away from the tired old names…there are so many excellent young players out there…

Why would anyone want any player that could become a burden to us? Haven’t we had enough of that shit?

Let’s broaden our horizons and thinking…

dont forget Tammy ;) 

I agree, luckily the club are more open minded for transfer targets, even last season more people wanted Origi than Watkins :D  

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Honestly, I don’t get some of the suggestions from some of our fans.

In one area you have all the nostalgia junkies who want Benteke, Snodgrass, Albrighton etc. small time, backwards mentality that would get us nowhere expect closer to the relegation zone…

Then you have the ones that suggest we are some kind of care home or rehabilitation centre, overlooking our past difficulties and grievances with such players… it’s not up to us to take on overrated, overpaid players who have lost their mojo or simply shown they are crap.

If we really want to become a successful club, we should get away from that kind of thinking. We’ll go out, scout and find the best talent that best fit with the club (both in terms of ability and personality, also potential and value)…

And get away from the tired old names…there are so many excellent young players out there…

Why would anyone want any player that could become a burden to us? Haven’t we had enough of that shit?

Let’s broaden our horizons and thinking…

I getcha....milner?

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Simikan just signed for Leipzig and Todibo for Nice, we probably have little chance of getting Botman and zero chance of getting Romero

That’s that then 😆

Any suggestions? A Konsa type signing (young, high potential, eventually ready to step in as first choice) would be excellent, not aware of many good CBs around.

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

dont forget Tammy ;) 

I agree, luckily the club are more open minded for transfer targets, even last season more people wanted Origi than Watkins :D  

I’m just glad some of the fans aren’t in charge of our transfer policy 🤣

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kabak? Tapsoba?

Edited by Jas10

Renato Sanches is Barcelona bound, likely on loan with a permanent move for €35m next summer (when Barca can afford the fee).

Even for those that only watched the Euros there was enough to show he would be an improvement to our squad. Barca aren't the beast they once were but still shows he has the quality

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Kabak? Tapsoba?

Kabak I wouldnt touch, he looks garbage whenever I seen him. Tapsoba cost over 20 million so doubt we would get him cheap.  

We were heavily linked with Szalai at Fenerbahce, he wasnt shamed in the group of death at the Euros. Ukraine had a couple of 18 year old defenders in the squad as well who are highly rated, obviously shattered vs England but could be looked at 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Renato Sanches is Barcelona bound, likely on loan with a permanent move for €35m next summer (when Barca can afford the fee).

Even for those that only watched the Euros there was enough to show he would be an improvement to our squad. Barca aren't the beast they once were but still shows he has the quality

They dont have the money though and still need to lower the wage bill by 200 million or so

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Kabak I wouldnt touch, he looks garbage whenever I seen him. Tapsoba cost over 20 million so doubt we would get him cheap.  

We were heavily linked with Szalai at Fenerbahce, he wasnt shamed in the group of death at the Euros. Ukraine had a couple of 18 year old defenders in the squad as well who are highly rated, obviously shattered vs England but could be looked at 

You know your stuff…

Any recommendations?

Maybe best to stay closer to home and grab a young CB from the Championship…

Edited by Jas10

I find it interesting that, after our manager states we will be looking for players with Premier League experience, the continued suggestions are always foreign-based wonderkids etc. 

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

You know your stuff…

Any recommendations?

Maybe best to stay closer to home and grab a young CB from the Championship…

i wouldnt mind us bringing in a Konsa type to develop but before they get to Brentford for example. Bring in a youngster as 4th choice and develop him. We might also bring in a cheap back up if they think an academy player can step up next season

Just now, Zatman said:

i wouldnt mind us bringing in a Konsa type to develop but before they get to Brentford for example. Bring in a youngster as 4th choice and develop him. We might also bring in a cheap back up if they think an academy player can step up next season

Agreed

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

For CB the best move is probably to hope Brighton fall apart and pick Webster up next summer if they go down. We know we're a fan of him considering we were bidding for him before buying Konsa.

We need someone now though…we only have 3 senior CBs…

I don’t think Brighton are going anywhere either. They play good football and are a well run club.

If they had a proper goal scorer last season they would’ve done much better.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1