Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

HELL no!

We need to bring in some HOT talent but we don’t need FIREY attitudes so I hope our Recuitment team are BURNING the midnight oil and bring in players that will start well and be on FIRE from day one.

Everyone's in the pub mate ! Get down there !!

• Like 1

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Yes, I think he’s a great player but from what I remember, he didn’t do too well at Swansea for whatever reason 

He was a few years younger to be fair and lots of injuries if I remember right. Hadn’t realised how many games he’s played for Portugal since (and don’t follow French football at all so haven’t really noticed him establishing himself at Lille).

Sanches would provide technical ability, tenacity & guile … He reminds me of a mix of seedorf & Davids… Yes he was beyond dreadful at Swansea but he’s turns his career around and found the form that made him a wüunderkid … He’ be a statement signing … Been linked with Arsenal so why not us? 

Edited by thabucks

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

my word......its so quiet on the Villa transfer front! :(

I hope we didnt peak too early lol!

1. Who else has signed 2 or more players, no less a transfer record signing who arguably will be one of best attacking outfielders in the team?

2. We keep a lid on transfers so previous noise was majority likely made up

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

Renato Sanches?

Attacking stats look good but, as ever, they don’t give you the full story. Only 1 goal and 3 assists last season… in Ligue 1… underwhelming…

Poor defensively…

Maybe he’s a bit overrated? Looked good in the Euros but we all know how risky it is to make a judgment on a player based on a single tournament…

Doesn’t appear to be what we need (we either need good output or defensive resilience) based on this at least:

spacer.png

Takefusa Kubo has to go out on loan again and we’re weakish links to him last August… Real have to also loan out either Vinicius junior or Rodrygo as Bale counts as a non EU player now due to Brexit (obvs Trippier also) and they now have 4 (excl kubo & Reinier)  Cheeky bid to go along side Xisco to help him settle lol. 

Why not continue the Argie vibes in B6 The two Correa’s are quality Angel & Joaquin - (though I think the latter is possibly gunna be PSG bound…) 

Sanches appears to be weak defensively and in aerials… for an attacking player his output is poor… in a weaker league too…

Yes, a lot potential there and he’s young but…I don’t think he’s what we need atm.

We need upgrades that

a) in an attacking sense - produce greater output, more creativity, goals and assists…

He doesn’t appear to fit the bill…

OR

b) defensively - ability to control possession, strength, interceptions, blocks, clearances, passing ability, aerial prowess…

Again, weak… much weaker defensively at least.

He looks strong and powerful, good on the ball but his output is weak if he is considered an attacking player and he is not going to offer much defensively or as a DM…

Wouldn’t appear to be much of an upgrade or offer much more or different than our existing midfielders who I expect to be much better next season…

If we’re spending big in midfield, then I would personally like to see us go for a proper, dominant DM (such as Boubacar Kamara - strong defensively, on the ball, aerial strength, can play CB & DM).

It’s all we really lack atm, our CMs are good players…

He’s not productive enough to be a CAM either…

We don’t need to spend heavily on such a player… not saying he’s a poor player, just not someone we need right now… we have bigger priorities imo…

Edited by Jas10

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Takefusa Kubo has to go out on loan again and we’re weakish links to him last August… Real have to also loan out either Vinicius junior or Rodrygo as Bale counts as a non EU player now due to Brexit (obvs Trippier also) and they now have 4 (excl kubo & Reinier)  Cheeky bid to go along side Xisco to help him settle lol. 

Why not continue the Argie vibes in B6 The two Correa’s are quality Angel & Joaquin - (though I think the latter is possibly gunna be PSG bound…) 

Kubo looks like an exceptional talent but probably no point in pursuing a player we can’t realistically sign permanently, I think we’re past loans unless it’s with a view or obligation to buy. Unless Real Madrid could be persuaded… I doubt it…

Imo, short term loans don’t make sense. I think our sights and ambitions are higher…so we need players that will stick with us for the long term..

Could Vinicius or Rodrygo be attracted/lured? From their perspective, it would be quite a step down… both in terms of club status and lifestyle/environment… probably on huge wages too and again, I doubt we could get them on permanent deals so little point…

I think they will try to shift Bale…

Trippier? Plays for Atletico not Real? (have I misunderstood?)

If Real are sensible, they will prioritise hanging onto their best young talents and let the older players on obscene wages go…

Yes, both Correa’s are good players and would help in attack… more Argentinian/South American players are more than welcome... 😃

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Sanches appears to be weak defensively and in aerials… for an attacking player his output is poor… in a weaker league too…

Yes, a lot potential there and he’s young but…I don’t think he’s what we need atm.

We need upgrades that

a) in an attacking sense - produce greater output, more creativity, goals and assists…

He doesn’t appear to fit the bill…

OR

b) defensively - ability to control possession, strength, interceptions, blocks, clearances, passing ability, aerial prowess…

Again, weak… much weaker defensively at least.

He looks strong and powerful, good on the ball but his output is weak if he is considered an attacking player and he is not going to offer much defensively or as a DM…

Wouldn’t appear to be much of an upgrade or offer much more or different than our existing midfielders who I expect to be much better next season…

If we’re spending big in midfield, then I would personally like to see us go for a proper, dominant DM (such as Boubacar Kamara - strong defensively, on the ball, aerial strength, can play CB & DM).

It’s all we really lack atm, our CMs are good players…

He’s not productive enough to be a CAM either…

We don’t need to spend heavily on such a player… not saying he’s a poor player, just not someone we need right now… we have bigger priorities imo…

He had quite an injury plagued season last year so his numbers would have taken a hit in that sense. Regardless, if you're using FBRef as a point of reference you should be viewing the full scouting report as a better indicator rather than the selected stats chosen on the one you posted. In there you'll see that his passing and ability in possession is of a high standard, and furthermore his goal and shot creating actions are generally of an extremely high percentile, which probably speaks to his creativity more than just a number of assists does.

Edited by Indigo
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Renato Sanches?

Attacking stats look good but, as ever, they don’t give you the full story. Only 1 goal and 3 assists last season… in Ligue 1… underwhelming…

Poor defensively…

Maybe he’s a bit overrated? Looked good in the Euros but we all know how risky it is to make a judgment on a player based on a single tournament…

Doesn’t appear to be what we need (we either need good output or defensive resilience) based on this at least:

spacer.png

Depends on the role he was being asked to perform. You must also factor in Lille’s style of play - which wasn’t possession based and he was also playing with Bamba & Ikone… 

https://breakingthelines.com/player-stories/the-renaissance-of-renato-sanches-at-lille/

The Portuguese midfielder offers a unique skillset to his compatriot Xeka as well as Soumaré and André, and while his numbers may not indicate his importance (1 goals and 4 assists in 29 appearances), he has consistently proven to be Lille’s best answer to breaking down compact defenses, with the change of direction, close control and constant energy to cause a threat against teams that sit back and look to soak up pressure.

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Kubo looks like an exceptional talent but probably no point in pursuing a player we can’t realistically sign permanently, I think we’re past loans unless it’s with a view or obligation to buy. Unless Real Madrid could be persuaded… I doubt it…

Imo, short term loans don’t make sense. I think our sights and ambitions are higher…so we need players that will stick with us for the long term..

Could Vinicius or Rodrygo be attracted/lured? From their perspective, it would be quite a step down… both in terms of club status and lifestyle/environment… probably on huge wages too and again, I doubt we could get them on permanent deals so little point…

I think they will try to shift Bale…

Trippier? Plays for Atletico not Real? (have I misunderstood?)

If Real are sensible, they will prioritise hanging onto their best young talents and let the older players on obscene wages go…

Yes, both Correa’s are good players and would help in attack… more Argentinian/South American players are more than welcome... 😃

I cannot see where Kubo fits in over the next few years at least at Real. They’re renovating the Bernabeu and are desperate to sign Mbappe. They are not getting rid of Bale’s £600kpw or Hazard’s £450kpw easily anytime soon that’s for sure…  Kubo is a player who doesn’t fit so may be available depending on the terms.

Regarding Vinicius Jnr, Rodrygo & Xisco cheeky bid I was just joking. Would be interested in Reinier but he’s at Dortmund for another season sadly.

36 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He had quite an injury plagued season last year so his numbers would have taken a hit in that sense. Regardless, if you're using FBRef as a point of reference you should be viewing the full scouting report as a better indicator rather than the selected stats chosen on the one you posted. In there you'll see that his passing and ability in possession is of a high standard, and furthermore his goal and shot creating actions are generally of an extremely high percentile, which probably speaks to his creativity more than just a number of assists does.

Sure, I take your point. But as I explained, do we need him? And I also stated that I am not saying he is not a good player.

I don’t completely rely on stats either but they are an aid, still 1 goal and 3 assists is underwhelming (and I’m not completely judging the player based on that), McGinn produced better numbers for us in a relatively poor season for him… expect him (and Sanson) to do much better this time around…

It’s clear that his passing and dribbling are his strengths… but I’m personally more interested in a midfielder that can help us out defensively…

Would Sanches be enough of an upgrade or offer something that different?

I’d rather we didn’t spend a chunk of our limited budget where it’s not really needed (usually my main concern), I’d just prefer to get a quality DM if we want to strengthen in midfield…

Can’t see us getting rid of McGinn (if we did, Sanches would be a good replacement) and Sanson who would both play a similar role and likely be more productive… no point signing another CM or box to box player unless they’re significantly better (and more productive) and if we’re selling someone and I can’t see why we would…

Can’t see us selling Luiz either but I don’t believe Sanches would be a good enough DM either…

Also, if he’s injury prone… that’s another negative factor… and reason not to sign him and spend so heavily…