Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think people appreciate how good this guy is.  Either that or I’m getting carried away from the few games i’ve seen him play.

He runs past people like they aren’t there!

Would be interesting to hear what Newcastle fans think of him.

Doesn't he get a bit confused about what to do, when he's run past them though?;)

1 minute ago, John said:

Doesn't he get a bit confused about what to do, when he's run past them though?;)

Probably lol. But he’s still youngish and the decision making will Improve. I think the comparisons to Adama are a bit lazy in my opinion. Saint Maximin has more than just pace.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think people appreciate how good this guy is.  Either that or I’m getting carried away from the few games i’ve seen him play.

He is very quick and can turn it on in some games and look like a world beater. I just question whether we'd get any more than we do from Traore already. I don't think so, personally.

I think the market is going to have a lot of inertia. Even the top clubs are starting to feel the financial pinch of 12 plus months of the covid reality we are in.

A lot of the big name players are on such massive contracts hardly any other clubs can buy them such as Ronaldo, Messi etc. Closer to home players like Zaha have been stuck at Palace because of his contract.

People seemed to have forgotten the 500 million odd chinese tv deal which was ripped up for the prem.

I will be suprised to see many £40-50 million plus transfers this summer.

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That would also be easier to do playing for Newcastle as when he gets the ball he's got a massive amount of space in front of him. It might be more difficult playing for a team that like to control things a bit more where space is a bit more compressed in the final third, not that we are camped in the opponent's half or anything but we do play a bit more in it than Brucie's boys. He's definitely got potential though.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

id rather we pulled in some wonderkid from abroad if im honest, others have mentioned chukweuze, stengs but maybe even going a bit younger and more down the raw potential route

pretty much all of us took notice and was impressed by neto saturday, i want us to be buying players for £15m rather than someone else doing it first and us talking of getting them for £40m after

so welcome rayan cherki!!

Good lists here of the next predicted wunderkids; 

https://www.90min.com/posts/100-wonderkids-you-need-to-sign-on-football-manager-2021

and... 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0265-113c77c33b88-3dda4706173e-1000--50-for-the-future-uefa-com-s-ones-to-watch-for-2021/amp/

Be interesting to see who Mckenzie is targeting. Now we can build both the 1st XI and overall squad and can look to take time to develop players and integrate them. 

I really think we just need someone with real quality in the LW position to come in and allow Grealish to move back central. I like the back 4 and keeper and our more defensive central midfield options. 

I think it's more about depth this window, getting players who can compete with who we already have for a starting berth. Anyone that becomes available on a good deal financially for the club we should look to move on.

For me, It's now about getting players like Ramsey and Davis out on loan for a season whilst we bring in some genuine quality to rotate the squad and have viable bench options. Having our young prospects out getting minutes whilst we push for Europe next season and then if we have a successful campaign and get into Europe, having them come back and supplement the squad and make it a much larger group so that we're not stretched thin like Leicester are and Wolves were 

Think Mikkel Damsgaard might be an interesting player to look at. He checks a lot of boxes for us and has played across all attacking mid positions this season but mostly LW when I've watched. For those who unlike me want to see Grealish in the middle he'd be a great option.

With me being a Sampdoria fan I would have liked him to stay there for another season or 5 but I think that ship has sailed as bigger clubs are circling already and Sampdoria being a selling club.

He's not the finished article yet but from what I've seen he's steadily improving and looks like someone who will only get better and better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He suffers from a lack of end product but then again he is coached by Steve Bruce..

1 hour ago, sne said:

Think Mikkel Damsgaard might be an interesting player to look at. He checks a lot of boxes for us and has played across all attacking mid positions this season but mostly LW when I've watched.

Another option is Mohamed Daramy 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scoutedftbl.com/amp/scouted-mohamed-daramy

There is a whole host of talent coming through in Scandinavia at the moment. FK København are stockpiling a good few of them, having bought Victor Nelsson, a centre back from FC Nordsjælland, and Mikkel Kaufmann, a centre forward from Aalborg BK last season. They already had a homegrown favourite up front in Jonas Wind, and now they can add Mohamed Daramy to that list – who could perhaps be the best of them all.

Originally hailing from Sierra Leone, Mo Daramy has a Danish passport and has represented his adopted country at various age-group levels. He's a versatile forward who can play across the front line.

Obviously Lange will know everything about him. Other wingers  to keep an eye on IMO are: Justin Kluivert... Leipzig have Dominik Szoboszlai for LW so cannot see him getting much game time. And dream signing is Jeremy Doku from FC Rennes - if they are financial dire straits, he has a great future ahead of him. 

Alternatives to Barkley I’d like either Charles De Ketelaere or Christoph Baumgartner. Two young obtainable European talents who would offer better value and a potentially higher ceiling. We have the homegrown nucleus to build upon. 

Edited by thabucks

Just had a look on transfer markt and there is some seriously good players with expiring contracts. I would love depay, but we are very unlikely to get someone as good as him yet (would love to see us try though). As a short term option though what about Vazquez, draxler or thauvin?

As well as Benteke, we're also being linked to Josh Brownhill. Although given it's early March and transfer window doesn't open for another three or so months, it's doubtful we can really take any of these links too seriously.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Steve McClaren signed him. Ben Arfa and a few other french players did well in the years before (under Pardew).

I just think he'd be a bit like Veretout. You could see glimmers of a good player in a very poor team when he was here but my sense was always he was a bit too lightweight in midfield for english football, done very well in Italy since so that league suits his style more whereas Gana went on to do very well at Everton.

He is now a RW. He'd be a big upgrade on traore imo. 

Traore has been effective for us In 6 or 7 games. Veretout never had one effective game for us. No thanks. The PL isn't for everybody.

Edited by Mazrim

6 hours ago, useless said:

The stars are turning, some things have an inevitable feel about them...

Benteke's would feel like having what we have already in Davis, Neither can score.

47 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Benteke's would feel like having what we have already in Davis, Neither can score.

Yeah there's making a point and then there's ridiculous statements... Benteke rarely scores (these days), Davis will NEVER score! Benteke has five goals this season... Davis won't score that many in the Premier League in his entire career! He's only got two at Championship level so I wouldn't be confident he'll reach 5 in that league over is career either!!

Of course, he just needs a loan then he'll come back world class...🤔🤣