Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Lookman and Saint Maximin would be good options.

One of them are bound to go down as well so one of them we'd get on the cheap

Lookman is not owned by Fulham, he is a RB Leipzig player. So nothing cheap there.

34 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Lookman and Saint Maximin would be good options.

One of them are bound to go down as well so one of them we'd get on the cheap

Id take lookman..been impressed........he would be a good addition

he has more to his game than Maximin....id say we already have a similar player in Traore....but less pace.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

he has more to his game than Maximin....id say we already have a similar player in Traore....but less pace.

Lookman is for sale by RB Leipzig and has been for a while. £18m should be enough to sign the AML player.

Saint-Maximin is also another good player who would be great competition with Traore on the AMR.

He is explosive and exciting to watch and he is an improvement on Trezeguet. (Healthy competition is what we need)

• Like 1

I think we need to shop a level above both now personally. Although Lookman has impressed me. I think we only need a star winger for the right. Traore and one of El Ghazi / Trez as well as JPB can cover the wide areas when Grealish and this dude are unavailable/ rested.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

As yes that famously good Newcastle side that played such nice football under pardew. Plus during that time period he was being Blackmailed by benzema and his friends. 

Steve McClaren signed him. Ben Arfa and a few other french players did well in the years before (under Pardew).

I just think he'd be a bit like Veretout. You could see glimmers of a good player in a very poor team when he was here but my sense was always he was a bit too lightweight in midfield for english football, done very well in Italy since so that league suits his style more whereas Gana went on to do very well at Everton.

If we had a chance of Saint Maximin I'd sign him in a heartbeat, he's class. He's the player everyone seems to think Adama is, in reality he's got all the excitement of Adama but with actual end product. 

I'd imagine he'd have better options than us should Newcastle go down however 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Shaqiri? He would offer something else, I can see Liverpool doing a big rebuild job in the summer and he has always been a bit part player for them.

Downside he is nearly 30 and would be on big wages so probably not likely at all.

he retired about 3 years ago didnt he?

theres absolutely nothing about his personality to suggest that he's going to spend his final contract putting a shift in

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I think we need to shop a level above both now personally. Although Lookman has impressed me. I think we only need a star winger for the right. Traore and one of El Ghazi / Trez as well as JPB can cover the wide areas when Grealish and this dude are unavailable/ rested.

I think that's a bit beyond us personally.

Player above calibre of Lookman or ASM is to me someone like Riyad Mahrez. Someone who starts regularly for Man. City although wouldn't shock me if they sold him within next 12 months. Player who's been there and done it and won PFA player of year but don't think he's quite good enough to be a week in week out player for Man. City.

If they put him on the market they'd be a good 10 + teams he'd consider joining ahead of us if we showed a serious interest. Same for say Jota at Liverpool.

Someone like Lookman should be a target as he fits profile, early 20s, already pretty experienced and played loads of games in his career and just needs to find a stable club given it didn't work out for him at Everton or Leipzig. But I suspect that will be Fulham getting him permanently when they stay up, similar mindset to what Mings had playing for us on loan.

One little reservation I have is his best moments for Fulham are always down the left so not sure he'd be as effective on the right so I'd rather look at someone who always plays that side as pure right winger.

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he retired about 3 years ago didnt he?

theres absolutely nothing about his personality to suggest that he's going to spend his final contract putting a shift in

We could tell him that the Serbians hate Villa. That'd get him going.

id rather we pulled in some wonderkid from abroad if im honest, others have mentioned chukweuze, stengs but maybe even going a bit younger and more down the raw potential route

pretty much all of us took notice and was impressed by neto saturday, i want us to be buying players for £15m rather than someone else doing it first and us talking of getting them for £40m after

so welcome rayan cherki!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KangarooVillan said:

Does anyone think we’d be a in with a shot to land Amine Gouiri?

Plays for Nice, 21 years old 12 goals and 5 assists in Ligue 1

nearly put him instead of cherki, thats the kind of player im thinking of too

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

id rather we pulled in some wonderkid from abroad if im honest, others have mentioned chukweuze, stengs but maybe even going a bit younger and more down the raw potential route

pretty much all of us took notice and was impressed by neto saturday, i want us to be buying players for £15m rather than someone else doing it first and us talking of getting them for £40m after

so welcome rayan cherki!!

But can’t we do that as well?  

Get in Neto (an example) and buy the next wonderkid?  

We need quality now but we also need more for the future.  

Buying wonderkids who have not played at this level or the intensity of the PL is a huge risk plus generally need a long settling in period.

We are doing well with gems in my eyes...may not be young or extremely cheap but they are worth far more now than when we brought them....Emi, Konsa, Cash...McGinn we brought for what? 1.5m...worth a hell of a lot more now.  Even Mings and Ollie have increased their value although started at a much higher price.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

The advantage with Lookman is that he comes with a season worth of experience. That's probably worth quite a bit of money.

The likes of Kane, Haaland, Hazard, Griezemann and Mbappe, may be available in the summer. They are world class players that would be likely to be sold for around £150m, in my opinion. Clubs that might be in the market for them are unlikely to be in the market for Jack, in my opinion, or at least for the sort of fee that our owners would even consider.

Jack is worth £150m + to our football club, but other clubs would consider him in the next category of player (between world and international class). If they were in for him, I would guess they would value him in the Mount/Madisson/Foden price range, say £70m - £110m. Which is good news for us, because we know our owners would laugh in the face of that sort of bid. 

I think our task is to satisfy players like Jack, that we do really have the ambition to go to the next level by signing two or three quality players for around £40m - £60m during the coming window.  I think a lot of clubs will be willing sellers, if the price is right.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bazmonkey said:

I don’t think people appreciate how good this guy is.  Either that or I’m getting carried away from the few games i’ve seen him play.

He runs past people like they aren’t there!

Would be interesting to hear what Newcastle fans think of him.

• Like 2