Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

3 season deal would be a bad move and one there is no way our current set up would entertain. 

That's why Callum Wilson is at Newcastle on a 4 yr 80k a week deal instead of here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

If Dean is a keen gardener King could be nailed on. 

Fond memories of cleaning up after the milkman's horse with bucket and shovel - Dad used it upon his tomotoes 

Sigh...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

if we sign Lookman from Fulham maybe they will Tosin Adarabioyo for free?

ps: I don't have an opinion on either player, this post was constructed purely to make a very bad play on words gag as part of a double pivot between transfers and comedy.

Ademola Lookman is at RB Leipzig. He was only at Fulham on loan from RB Leipzig last season

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

if we sign Lookman from Fulham maybe they will Tosin Adarabioyo for free?

ps: I don't have an opinion on either player, this post was constructed purely to make a very bad play on words gag as part of a double pivot between transfers and comedy.

So Close Collider Video GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Indigo said:

According to Duncan Castles we're after Smith-Rowe as "another attacking target", as well as a striker, centre back and a backup goalkeeper.

Duncan Castles was also saying in an article I was reading this morning that Jack was half sold after the acquisition of Buendia, so I am dismissing his opinion as completely made up rubbish.

39 minutes ago, Indigo said:

According to Duncan Castles we're after Smith-Rowe as "another attacking target", as well as a striker, centre back and a backup goalkeeper.

never going to happen as he's about to sign a new contract but man it would be hilarious if we pipped them to Buendia and then sign Smith Rowe. Their fans might spontaneously explode.  AFTV would be must watch 

26 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The little I've read he is about to sign a new contract anyway.

Hence his agent leaking our interest to his mates in the press... 

Transfer windows are always the same 

Agent wants his client to be paid £50k a week, club wants to pay the player £40k a week, the sun run the headline "Aston villa want player", player signs £50k a week new contract 

Its a mugs game 

49 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Here you go darling:

if we sign Mitrovic from Fulham maybe they will Tosin Adarabioyo for free?

ps: I don't have an opinion on either player in fact Mitrovic was the only other Fulham player I could remember, this post was constructed purely to make a very bad play on words gag as part of a double pivot between transfers and comedy.

I thought Tosin Adarabioyo was a game played at country fairs. 

On 09/06/2021 at 15:11, beachboys1 said:

on twitter linked with josh king rather keep davis

Yeah no to both in my eyes.

Sell Davis and just don't even go there at all for King.

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I’d still happily take Wood as a completely different option to Watkins. Would be a great choice on the bench even as he hits his older years - like a Giroud but more attainable.

However I imagine Burnley would want a lot of money for him and can’t see us going for that.

I really liked Josh King a couple of years ago - I saw him play live for Norway and he was exceptional - but he has gone backwards not forwards, so if there were any legs with this it would be a ‘hope he resurrects himself’ signing and we don’t seem to go for many of those these days. Don’t think he would add value to our squad, I would rather give Wesley and even Davis the time on the field for how many goals King actually contributes. But again I guess I’d trust the club - they have got most things right.

Back Pain GIF by memecandy

1 hour ago, NeilS said:

Duncan Castles was also saying in an article I was reading this morning that Jack was half sold after the acquisition of Buendia, so I am dismissing his opinion as completely made up rubbish.

This! Makes no mention of left back or DM. Say Buendia is a half replacement for Jack (how do you half replace a player you have alway insisted won't be going anywhere)?

Doesn't know shit!

• Thanks 3