Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, Rolta said:

I've seen this gif about five times in three days on here! This is when gifs start become annoying, no offense!

I've seen this post four times now... 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I've seen this gif about five times in three days on here! This is when gifs start become annoying, no offense!

24 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I can't tell whether this is a genius troll or your Internet is slow. 

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I can't tell whether this is a genius troll or your Internet is slow. 

Same. I assumed it was an intentional troll. The follow up irony edit suggests it wasn't.

Am I the only one that thinks King on a one year contract on decent wages is not a the end of the world. Not every signing will be a marquee one.

He’s 29 years old so really needs to prove himself to secure one last decent contract. Almost make or break for him. Worst case scenario we lose a couple of million on wages. Best case he plays a pivotal part as a squad player and cover for Watkins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Am I the only one that thinks King on a one year contract on decent wages is not a the end of the world. Not every signing will be a marquee one.

He’s 29 years old so really needs to prove himself to secure one last decent contract. Almost make or break for him.

That is precisely the reason he won't be signing a one year contract. He will be looking for a 3 season deal. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen Tosin Adarabioyo name mentioned and I think he would be a great player to provide cover/competition for Konsa and could develop into his long term successor if Konsa keeps developing at the same pace and is sold. The model I’m sure we will move to eventually as per Leicester’s approach.  Reported to have a £10mill release clause. Much prefer him to Axel and would piss arsenal fans off massively as they are in the mix apparently as well. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s 29 years old so really needs to prove himself to secure one last decent contract. Almost make or break for him. Worst case scenario we lose a couple of million on wages. Best case he plays a pivotal part as a squad player and cover for Watkins.

I think you are wrong.  The worst case scenario is that Watkins gets injured and we have no decent back up for a long time.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

3 season deal would be a bad move and one there is no way our current set up would entertain. 

And that is exactly why we shouldn't buy him :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

According to Duncan Castles we're after Smith-Rowe as "another attacking target", as well as a striker, centre back and a backup goalkeeper.

Now, THAT I can get on board with.

Although, I do think we could do with a DM too. Oh and a LB.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

According to Duncan Castles we're after Smith-Rowe as "another attacking target", as well as a striker, centre back and a backup goalkeeper.

But no left back? Madness

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’ve seen Tosin Adarabioyo name mentioned and I think he would be a great player to provide cover/competition for Konsa and could develop into his long term successor if Konsa keeps developing at the same pace . Reported to have a £10mill release clause. Much prefer him to Axel and would piss arsenal fans off massively as they are in the mix apparently as well. 

if we sign Lookman from Fulham maybe they will Tosin Adarabioyo for free?

ps: I don't have an opinion on either player, this post was constructed purely to make a very bad play on words gag as part of a double pivot between transfers and comedy.

• Haha 2